Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FTP Connectivity Issues - Website Connection Timed Out

edited July 2017 in News and Announcements

Many accounts are experiencing intermittent FTP errors. Common errors include:

  • 421 2900 users (the maximum) are already logged in, sorry
  • Unable to connect to FTP server.

Certain websites are also not working, showing timeouts (like ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT in Google Chrome).

These errors are caused by a particularly bad DDoS attack. We're working to filter the malicious traffic and add more capacity, but there is only so much you can do against a DDoS attack. Just know we're doing everything we can to restore full functionality as soon as possible.

Please do not create additional topics about this or send emails about this, it will not help anyone.

Update 14 July 11:15 UTC: The FTP service and file managers have been disabled completely to be able to fix this issue.

Update 14 July 21:00 UTC: The FTP service and file managers have been re-enabled and should be working fine now. The disabled websites have been restored as well.

Update 16 July 9:30 UTC: It appears we celebrated too soon. The DDoS attack is back and is once again affected a large number of websites as well as the FTP server. We're doing everything we can to mitigate the effects, but it could last a few more days.

Update 21 July 19:00 UTC: All of the improvements necessary to stop further attacks have been implemented. The attacks are still not over, but the network is now capable of dealing with them without affecting your hosting service.

Consider the issue closed for now.

«1

Comments

  • Thanks for letting me know!

  • Noted. Thanks a lot.

  • Thank you. Glad to know that you care about the users Thank you so much :)

  • edited July 2017

    Good luck guys, keep doing good work :smile:

  • Thanx Infinty I'm happy because i'm an old member I was support you from the begining xD keep Going.

  • I'm still having trouble with the online file manager...

  • edited July 2017

    @MoonlightCapital said:
    I'm still having trouble with the online file manager...

    Thank you for sharing. Is there anything I can do for you?

  • Yesterday I read the story about the DDOS-attack.
    I assumed that the FTP-connection problems where linked to that.
    Now I understand that all problems are solved.
    But FTP is still not working.
    account: epiz_20376862

  • @Admin : This is what happens when i try to login into the file manager:

    https://puu.sh/wKRmC/77fb274ede.png

    It was working fine since 10 minutes ago, are we still under attack?

    (website url: http://moonlightcapital.ml/ , account: rfgd_18948836)

  • edited July 2017

    @Admin Hey! My page isn't serving since this attack.

    What can I do?
    This is my page http://autocamiones.epizy.com/

    Account: epiz_20157754

  • @Matthew said:
    @Admin Hey! My page isn't serving since this attack.

    What can I do?
    This is my page http://autocamiones.epizy.com/

    Account: epiz_20157754

    The facts:

    • It's an attack on the servers.
    • We're working to mitigate the effects

    What do you think you or I can do to fix your website specifically?

  • I can visit my website.

  • my ftp account is working but website is down showing request time out error in uc browser and in other browser link is not working...

  • @Gaurav said:
    my ftp account is working but website is down showing request time out error in uc browser and in other browser link is not working...

    Both the webservers and FTP servers are constantly going up and down. So it's definitely possible that FTP works for you right now but your website doesn't. It's all part of the same issue.

  • ====================
    hi, Support
    WP install site shows Blank in browser Nothing!!!
    I cannot login to wordpress and the site is not shown in browser

    http://bizgetbuild.epizy.com/microtelinnrosevillereviews/wp-admin/

    the site is not shown in browser
    http://bizgetbuild.epizy.com/microtelinnrosevillereviews

    I can login to cpanel

    Under Softaculous index.live.php Scripts Installations it shows the install put when click on it
    it shows BLANK PERIOD
    WordPress
    http://bizgetbuild.epizy.com/microtelinnrosevillereviews July 16, 2017, 3:32 am 4.8 [Auto Upgrade Enabled]

    thank you for your HELP
    http://bizgetbuild.epizy.com/

  • @solidregal said:
    the site is not shown in browser

    It is shown in my browser. Your website clearly isn't affected by this issue.

  • @testpet said:
    Yesterday I read the story about the DDOS-attack.
    I assumed that the FTP-connection problems where linked to that.
    Now I understand that all problems are solved.
    But FTP is still not working.
    account: epiz_20376862

    Everything is ok again, thanks

  • I cannot connect. (epiz_20399788) I get connection refused everytime.

  • @ShyPixie said:
    I cannot connect. (epiz_20399788) I get connection refused everytime.

    Where do you see a connection refused error? Your website http://lara.click/ is working fine from here.

  • @Admin said:

    @ShyPixie said:
    I cannot connect. (epiz_20399788) I get connection refused everytime.

    Where do you see a connection refused error? Your website http://lara.click/ is working fine from here.

    Filezilla, WinSCP, online ftp client or any other ftp software that not http://185.27.134.9 (from cpanel). I always get error like: connection refused, expired or time out.

    I'm trying with ftp.epizy.com, ftp.lara.click, 185.27.134.11, same for all

  • edited July 2017

    The server is blocking me, see:

    C:\Users\Lara>ping 185.27.134.11
    
    Disparando 185.27.134.11 com 32 bytes de dados:
    Esgotado o tempo limite do pedido.
    Esgotado o tempo limite do pedido.
    Esgotado o tempo limite do pedido.
    Esgotado o tempo limite do pedido.
    
    Estatísticas do Ping para 185.27.134.11:
        Pacotes: Enviados = 4, Recebidos = 0, Perdidos = 4 (100% de
                 perda),
    

    and:

    C:\Users\Lara>ftp 185.27.134.11                                                                                        
    > ftp: connect
    :Tempo limite da conexão esgotado                                                                       
    ftp>  
    
  • From what I can tell (using Google Translate, I don't speak Portuguese), you're seeing a timeout. That means that there is something in the network on our server or our ISP or your computer or your ISP, or any piece of network equipment in between.

    However, as far as I can tell, you're the only one with this issue, which is why I think it's unlikely it's an issue on your end.

    Have you:

    • Contacted your ISP about this issue?
    • Tried whether you get the same issue on other devices?
    • Or on other networks (specifically from other ISPs)?
  • I have the same problem, I already called my ISP, and they informed that everything was normal, it was not blocked, they even changed there, and it continues giving the same problem

  • edited July 2017

    @Admin My site (https://tomshome.ml/) is still throwing Bad Gateway and Connection Timed Out errors despite the fixes your team have added, is it just me now?

  • @TomTheMiner said:
    @Admin My site (https://tomshome.ml/) is still throwing Bad Gateway and Connection Timed Out errors despite the fixes your team have added, is it just me now?

    Your website doesn't open for me either. But when I bypass Cloudflare and manually look up your domain name on your server IP, it does open for me. Are you sure your Cloudflare settings are OK?

    @MIkeSantos Can you please open a new discussion in which you explain which site you're referring to and what problems you experience exactly? The DDoS attack issue has been resolved now, so any issues you're experiencing right now are probably not a result from it.

    Let's not have everyone dump their own "my website doesn't work" messages in here, that would become a huge mess making it impossible to track specific issues. Create new discussions for new issues, people, the button is there for a reason.

  • @Admin Thanks, the IP addresses appear to have changed since I set cloudflare up and it's now back up and running, thanks so much for your valued help!
  • @Admin, Helpppppppppppp. i think the DDoS still isn't over and keeps growing!
    All my sites on my rfgd_19765636 is showing error 522 and 502!
    Please helpppp.

  • @PlanetGamingGG said:
    @Admin, Helpppppppppppp. i think the DDoS still isn't over and keeps growing!
    All my sites on my rfgd_19765636 is showing error 522 and 502!
    Please helpppp.

    goldeneagleshop-photo.cf on your account works just fine, indicating the server is working. The other domains which don't work are handled by Cloudflare. Can you disable Cloudflare to check if that solves the problem for you?

  • @Admin said:

    @PlanetGamingGG said:
    @Admin, Helpppppppppppp. i think the DDoS still isn't over and keeps growing!
    All my sites on my rfgd_19765636 is showing error 522 and 502!
    Please helpppp.

    goldeneagleshop-photo.cf on your account works just fine, indicating the server is working. The other domains which don't work are handled by Cloudflare. Can you disable Cloudflare to check if that solves the problem for you?

    Dear Admin,
    I had disabled the Cloudflare but it still shows the 502 error and blamed the server...
    And i have no idea why this happened.
    Thus if this happened to my other domain on this particular account that was handled by Cloudflare, why does my other domain on another account can be acessed, no problems???

    Confused A Lot

  • Note that disabling Cloudflare means your DNS is updated, which means that it takes a few hours for the domain to update for everyone. It has updated for me already and I can see that your website is working now.

This discussion has been closed.