Advertisement

Help! I cannot send email from my website using PHP mail()!

Admin
Admin

A very frequently asked question is that people are unable to send email from your website. If this happens, please see this FAQ article. It contains many useful tips on how to improve the likelihood of your message hitting the inbox of your destination.

https://infinityfree.net/support/php-mail

However, there is one, very important caveat, quoted here for convenience:

At the moment, you can only send registration and activation e-mails through PHP mail(). Outbound e-mails are filtered based on templates for registration, activation and confirmation e-mails. Other types of e-mail, like contact requests, newsletters, notifications, etc. will be dropped and not be delivered to your recipient.

Comments

• sapoyrana
    sapoyrana

Just tyo add to my 2 cents: all or at least most of the infinityfree servers are blacklisted by spamhaus anyways, so even if you manage to send e-mail from your website, chances are it will be bounced by your recepient mail server.

• sujanavan
    sujanavan

@Admin said:

At the moment, you can only send registration and activation e-mails through PHP mail().** Outbound e-mails are filtered based on templates** for registration, activation and confirmation e-mails. Other types of e-mail, like contact requests, newsletters, notifications, etc. will be dropped and not be delivered to your recipient.

please do share the templates for registration, activation and confirmation e-mails

• Admin
    Admin

The templates are typically confirmation emails from popular scripts. However, for security reasons we cannot share exactly how our templates work (we don't want people to send spam that could bypass the filters).

• jackhals
    jackhals

how can I send registration and activation e-mails? currently I'm trying to send an URL link with the activation code to the email user but it didn't work

• Admin
    Admin

@jackhals said:
    how can I send registration and activation e-mails? currently I'm trying to send an URL link with the activation code to the email user but it didn't work

Did you write the script yourself? The emails are filtered against templates of popular scripts. If your own activation message does not match one of those templates, it will still be rejected.

• jackhals
    jackhals

@Admin said:

@jackhals said:

Did you write the script yourself? The emails are filtered against templates of popular scripts. If your own activation message does not match one of those templates, it will still be rejected.

can you suggest any popular scripts that I can use?

This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Discussions

Advertisement

Advertisement

Copyright © InfinityFree 2017