Advertisement

How to use domain name from godaddy.com

mantas
mantas
edited September 11 in Support Forums

I'm very sorry if this was answered somewhere, but I couldn't find proper guidance.

I have purchased domain with godaddy and I want to host website here.

Do I need copy nameserver 1 and nameserver 2 (which are respectively ns1.byet.org and ns2.byet.org) to godaddy domain settings?

Or do I need to copy Main Domain from CPANEL (which would be uo4myiqj.rf.gd) to godaddy domain settings?

I would really appreciate short instructions how to do it.

Comments

• Admin
    Admin

You just need to set the nameservers in the page you took a screenshot of. You don't need to use the main domain unless you want to use your own namervers, which is not recommended.

A better guide about setting nameservers (not specific to Go Daddy, we don't have tutorials for specific registrars yet) can be found here: https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-use-infinityfree-nameservers

• mantas
    mantas

Thanks for instructions.
    But now I wonder when user goes to domain name, which is at GoDaddy, how does it knows that it (domain) should point to my website at InfinityFree. I just specified Nameservers which are not user specific. Shouldn't I provide something unique?

• Admin
    Admin

@mantas said:
    Thanks for instructions.
    But now I wonder when user goes to domain name, which is at GoDaddy, how does it knows that it (domain) should point to my website at InfinityFree. I just specified Nameservers which are not user specific. Shouldn't I provide something unique?

No, you don't ;).

By setting the nameservers, you just are telling visitors "this domain is hosted by InfinityFree". Visitors will then try to contact the InfinityFree nameservers and ask "where can I find this domain name". The nameservers will then return the details specific to your hosting account.

So you don't need to set anything user specific yourself, the nameservers will do all of that for you!

• mantas
    mantas

Appreciate your help. Thanks very much ;)