Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

File Sharing

I was trying to install ownCloud and Pydio via softaculous

The following errors were found :

Could not make the query numbered : 10
MySQL Error No : 1071
MySQL Error : Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes

How to resolve this

Comments

  • Well, the best thing to do is not to install file sharing scripts on InfinityFree. Such software are forbidden on our hosting and will cause your account to be suspended if we find them.

    As for what this error means, please sure the search function next time, because this issue has been covered many times already: https://forum.infinityfree.net/discussion/1009/mysql-error

  • I was only using the apps available via softaculous.
    In that case, please remove Pydio if that is against your policy, else it will be difficult for beginners like us, who are trying to host personal website for academic purposes.

  • @Sandeepan said:
    I was only using the apps available via softaculous.
    In that case, please remove Pydio if that is against your policy, else it will be difficult for beginners like us, who are trying to host personal website for academic purposes.

    Hi,
    Please read the terms of service here https://infinityfree.net/terms/
    I don't think it's possible for the Admin to remove it.
    But I will check this later.

  • I've checked Softaculous and you are right, there are still plenty of scripts in there which we don't allow on our service. I've submitted a request to get them disabled in the installer.

  • @Admin said:
    I've checked Softaculous and you are right, there are still plenty of scripts in there which we don't allow on our service. I've submitted a request to get them disabled in the installer.

    Thank you, just let me know what are they as I'm already using few of them.

  • @Sandeepan said:

    @Admin said:
    I've checked Softaculous and you are right, there are still plenty of scripts in there which we don't allow on our service. I've submitted a request to get them disabled in the installer.

    Thank you, just let me know what are they as I'm already using few of them.

    We don't ban every script in Softaculous of course, just the ones which violate our terms: https://infinityfree.net/terms

  • edited January 24

    @Admin
    I was using projectSend, and as it was removed, now I have a redundant entry in softaculous menu. And it cannot be removed (appearently)
    Any suggestion how to remove it, it's kinda annoying

  • @Sandeepan said:
    @Admin
    I was using projectSend, and as it was removed, now I have a redundant entry in softaculous menu. And it cannot be removed (appearently)
    Any suggestion how to remove it, it's kinda annoying

    never mind, it's solved

  • @Sandeepan said:
    @Admin
    I was using projectSend, and as it was removed, now I have a redundant entry in softaculous menu. And it cannot be removed (appearently)
    Any suggestion how to remove it, it's kinda annoying

    My account epiz_21367878 was suspended last night and I suspect this projectSend is responsible for it. However, the stuff replied that it's because of spamming which is unlikely as I'm hosting this site as a profile/blog page and personal project management purposes only. I didn't knowingly caused any spam activity and requesting @Admin a chance to correct it. As I do not have any ftp access, I request you to reset my site from your end.

  • @Sandeepan if your account has been suspended for an amount of time there is nothing the Admin can do you will have to wait for it to be unsuspected. I would also like to ask if you may stop tagging the admin as he isn't at the beckon call of anyone who tags him and he will get around to the post when he is free to.

    Best regards,

    Alan T.

Sign In or Register to comment.