Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FTP error

Since I started using infinityfree I seem to notice FTP is dropping out every 20 seconds or so. A file which used to upload in around 50 seconds max is never unzipping. Is this a client error, server rate limit or bug? I'm uploading a mediawiki extension and the zip file is already on the server.

Comments

• The server terminates FTP connections after 20 seconds of inactivity. The last word in that sentence is key, because it means that a file upload which is already in progress will never be interrupted because of this.

Also, please note that FTP does not actually support extracting archives on the server. File managers make it look like it's possible, but that's just the file manager doing the heavy lifting, not the FTP server.

• Thanks. I'll upload them after locally extracting them then

• 234 AUTH TLS OK.
    Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
    Error: Could not connect to server
    It would show again and again .Although i provide correct host , user , password,

when i open my url then it show below

Let's Make Something Awesome
    Your account is all set up, it's time to build your website!

• Hi Maindar,

Are you attempting this through the built in FTP file managers or an external as i would suggesting one of the built-in file manager's to try and upload it that way.

Best Regards,

Alan T.

• edited January 31

I upload through filezilla .this is following open filezilla go to site manager then fill up host:- and username:- password:--- port:- after fillup details when i connect then this kind of information shown . it unable to connect to server help and eloberate all procedure step by step.

• @manindar said:
    I upload through filezilla .this is following open filezilla go to site manager then fill up host:- and username:- password:--- port:- after fillup details when i connect then this kind of information shown . it unable to connect to server help and eloberate all procedure step by step.

Step 1: fill in the FTP credentials.
    Step 2: click Connect.

Done, you should now be connected.

Note that you may get a dialog warning you about an invalid SSL certificate. That's normal, just accept the invalid certificate and you can connect.

• Status: File transfer successful, transferred 7,988 bytes in 1 second
    Status: Starting upload of D:\dektop\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wordpress\wp-includes\css\wp-pointer-rtl.css
    Status: File transfer successful, transferred 6,913 bytes in 2 seconds
    Status: Starting upload of D:\dektop\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wordpress\wp-includes\css\wp-pointer-rtl.min.css
    Status: File transfer successful, transferred 3,799 bytes in 1 second
    Status: Starting upload of D:\dektop\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wordpress\wp-includes\css\wp-pointer.css
    Status: File transfer successful, transferred 3,026 bytes in 2 seconds
    Status: Starting upload of D:\dektop\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wordpress\wp-includes\css\wp-pointer.min.css
    Status: File transfer successful, transferred 3,021 bytes in 1 second
    Status: Starting upload of D:\dektop\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wordpress\wp-includes\customize\class-wp-customize-background-image-control.php
    Status: File transfer successful, transferred 3,794 bytes in 3 seconds
    Status: Starting upload of D:\dektop\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wordpress\wp-includes\customize\class-wp-customize-background-image-setting.php
    Status: Retrieving directory listing of "/wp-includes/customize"...
    Status: File transfer successful, transferred 508 bytes in 2 seconds
    Status: File transfer successful, transferred 1,178 bytes in 1 second
    Status: Starting upload of D:\dektop\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wordpress\wp-includes\customize\class-wp-customize-code-editor-control.php
    Status: Starting upload of D:\dektop\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wordpress\wp-includes\customize\class-wp-customize-background-position-control.php
    Status: File transfer successful, transferred 2,807 bytes in 2 seconds
    Status: Starting upload of D:\dektop\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wordpress\wp-includes\customize\class-wp-customize-color-control.php
    Status: File transfer successful, transferred 2,267 bytes in 2 seconds
    Status: Starting upload of D:\dektop\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wordpress\wp-includes\customize\class-wp-customize-cropped-image-control.php
    Status: File transfer successful, transferred 2,868 bytes in 1 second

all uploaded but still enter url on browser

it shown

• my url is techv.ga . all file uploaded by filezilla again it shown

• 234 AUTH TLS OK.
    It would show again and again .Although i provide correct host , user , password,

• @manindar said:

Status: File transfer successful, transferred 7,988 bytes in 1 second
    Status: Starting upload of D:\dektop\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wordpress\wp-includes\css\wp-pointer-rtl.css
    Status: File transfer successful, transferred 6,913 bytes in 2 seconds
    Status: Starting upload of D:\dektop\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wordpress\wp-includes\css\wp-pointer-rtl.min.css
    Status: File transfer successful, transferred 3,799 bytes in 1 second
    Status: Starting upload of D:\dektop\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wordpress\wp-includes\css\wp-pointer.css
    Status: File transfer successful, transferred 3,026 bytes in 2 seconds
    Status: Starting upload of D:\dektop\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wordpress\wp-includes\css\wp-pointer.min.css
    Status: File transfer successful, transferred 3,021 bytes in 1 second
    Status: Starting upload of D:\dektop\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wordpress\wp-includes\customize\class-wp-customize-background-image-control.php
    Status: File transfer successful, transferred 3,794 bytes in 3 seconds
    Status: Starting upload of D:\dektop\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wordpress\wp-includes\customize\class-wp-customize-background-image-setting.php
    Status: File transfer successful, transferred 508 bytes in 2 seconds
    Status: File transfer successful, transferred 1,178 bytes in 1 second
    Status: Starting upload of D:\dektop\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wordpress\wp-includes\customize\class-wp-customize-code-editor-control.php
    Status: Starting upload of D:\dektop\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wordpress\wp-includes\customize\class-wp-customize-background-position-control.php
    Status: File transfer successful, transferred 2,807 bytes in 2 seconds
    Status: Starting upload of D:\dektop\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wordpress\wp-includes\customize\class-wp-customize-color-control.php
    Status: File transfer successful, transferred 2,267 bytes in 2 seconds
    Status: Starting upload of D:\dektop\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wordpress\wp-includes\customize\class-wp-customize-cropped-image-control.php
    Status: File transfer successful, transferred 2,868 bytes in 1 second

all uploaded but still enter url on browser

it shown

Did you pay attention to which folder you uploaded the files? Did you notice the file called DO NOT UPLOAD FILES HERE in the folder?

• No when i go site manager option in filezilla. FILL up all details like host protocol encryption user and password . then click connect button then shown --------------------------

234 AUTH TLS OK.

does not connect to server hope u understand my actual issue

• @manindar said:
    No when i go site manager option in filezilla. FILL up all details like host protocol encryption user and password . then click connect button then shown --------------------------

234 AUTH TLS OK.

does not connect to server hope u understand my actual issue

I understand that you have an issue but I don't understand why. The FTP server itself is working fine (otherwise the file manager wouldn't have worked either). I don't think you're the first ever to have this issue, but we've never been able to reproduce it or figure out why some people have issues connecting to FTP.

Perhaps it's poor configuration on your end or an issue with your internet provider, maybe it's something on our end. Until we can confirm on our end the issue exists, we can't do anything about it.

• When I try to connect via Filezilla, always show the below error.

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...