Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server not found

Hello I am new here... and I just registered for a new account and started hosting from yesterday but from morning i am getting "Server not Found" while accessing my website....I am unable to access my site..Please help me....I have also pointed nameserver to the domain as "ns1.byet.org" and "ns2.byet.org". Please help me

Comments

• Did you read this KB article? https://infinityfree.net/support/why-doesnt-my-domain-work/

If you did and you're sure that the article does not answer your question, could you clearly state your domain so people can verify it and don't have to guess what could be the issue?

• Ok i get it but yesterday iwas able to view website immediately after creation and i too edit many things in my website in admin page....But today morning after some hours of using website,it suddenly showed "Server Not Found". So is it really due to DNS caching????

• edited February 9

my domain is www.anuparyal.com.np

• @anup16 said:
    Ok i get it but yesterday iwas able to view website immediately after creation and i too edit many things in my website in admin page....But today morning after some hours of using website,it suddenly showed "Server Not Found". So is it really due to DNS caching????

It's possible that one internet provider has cached bad DNS and another one hasn't. The exact duration of DNS cache depends on many factors, plenty of them outside your hosting account.

I did check your DNS cache and it looks like you only have one nameserver configured. It's recommended to set all five nameservers for your domain name, or at least as many as you can. Right now, if ns2 is swamped, your domain name will go down. Which is the most likely explanation I can think of.

• @Admin said:

@anup16 said:
    Ok i get it but yesterday iwas able to view website immediately after creation and i too edit many things in my website in admin page....But today morning after some hours of using website,it suddenly showed "Server Not Found". So is it really due to DNS caching????

It's possible that one internet provider has cached bad DNS and another one hasn't. The exact duration of DNS cache depends on many factors, plenty of them outside your hosting account.

I did check your DNS cache and it looks like you only have one nameserver configured. It's recommended to set all five nameservers for your domain name, or at least as many as you can. Right now, if ns2 is swamped, your domain name will go down. Which is the most likely explanation I can think of.

Hey what i discovered is my website worked finely at home but whenever i try to open in Work computer this happens. Tha amazing thing is that whenever i tried to access the same site from another PC or smartphones,it worked in the same network but i am having trouble in my own work PC, the website only displays "Server Not Found". Now, I am 100% sure that everything is fine with website and the network but only my PC is unable to view the website.

• @anup16 said:

@Admin said:

@anup16 said:

Hey what i discovered is my website worked finely at home but whenever i try to open in Work computer this happens. Tha amazing thing is that whenever i tried to access the same site from another PC or smartphones,it worked in the same network but i am having trouble in my own work PC, the website only displays "Server Not Found". Now, I am 100% sure that everything is fine with website and the network but only my PC is unable to view the website.

If it only happens on your work computer, did you consider the possibility that this is a problem with your work computer and not your hosting? It's entirely possible some overzealous IT administrator blocks access to our servers.

• @Admin said:

@anup16 said:

@Admin said:

@anup16 said:

If it only happens on your work computer, did you consider the possibility that this is a problem with your work computer and not your hosting? It's entirely possible some overzealous IT administrator blocks access to our servers.

I myself is an IT administrator. Finally, I found what was the main cause!!!! The FortiClient application had caused this issue, i uninstalled it and now my website is being surfed. Anyway thanks ADMIN for your time.

This discussion has been closed.