Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Premium InfinityFree without iFastNet?

Is there any way to get premium for InfinityFree, for example, to remove the "Get premium hosting from https://ifastnet.com, free domain name, unlimited disk space,,,, far too many features to list." in emails from your website?

I would much prefer staying with InfinityFree and not switching to iFastNet.

Comments

• I'm sorry, but InfinityFree provides free hosting only. We don't have billing capabilities ourselves, and we have no intention to charge people for a free hosting system. It's very hard to keep expectations in line when charging people for extras on free hosting.

• @Admin said:
    I'm sorry, but InfinityFree provides free hosting only. We don't have billing capabilities ourselves, and we have no intention to charge people for a free hosting system. It's very hard to keep expectations in line when charging people for extras on free hosting.

I was more thinking of just small perks just if you want to support InfinityFree, like removing the iFastNet sponsor messages from emails, get SSL, personal support etc.
    Perks that you don't need to have to make a successful website, but are still good to have.

• edited March 10

@Kamdroid said:

@Admin said:
    I'm sorry, but InfinityFree provides free hosting only. We don't have billing capabilities ourselves, and we have no intention to charge people for a free hosting system. It's very hard to keep expectations in line when charging people for extras on free hosting.

I was more thinking of just small perks just if you want to support InfinityFree, like removing the iFastNet sponsor messages from emails, get SSL, personal support etc.
    Perks that you don't need to have to make a successful website, but are still good to have.

For starters, support is by far the most expensive part of a hosting service. Servers are cheap, people are not. If we'd start to provide customer support, we'd have to charge almost as much as you would have to pay for an iFastNet account.

So you get a small discount in exchange for less server power, an inferior control panel, fewer features, more strict security systems and an overall worse service than you'd get with iFastNet.

And iFastNet is already cheap. You can get a Starter Premium account for only $17.99 per year. That's less than $1.50 per month. I don't see how we could make a service much cheaper than that.

Besides, no matter how clearly you announce the contrary: people who pay a premium hosting price expect a premium hosting service, not a free service with some extras. It sounds like you have realistic expectations, which is good, but way too many people don't.

So InfinityFree provides free hosting and iFastNet provides premium hosting. We've tried to offer a middle road in the past, but very few customers were happy with it. We're not going to repeat that mistake.

• That's true. Is there at least a way to remove the "Get premium hosting from https://ifastnet.com" on emails?

• @Kamdroid said:
    That's true. Is there at least a way to remove the "Get premium hosting from https://ifastnet.com" on emails?

Yes: upgrade to iFastNet. Or use your own email server.

This discussion has been closed.