Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IMPORTANT! Check the KNOWLEDGE BASE before posting! @ https://infinityfree.net/support/

PHP Extensions

Greetings!

A script is saying:

Symlink PHP Extension Is Required

and

Putenv PHP Extension Is Required

Can it be enabled?

Comments

• edited March 24

No, it's not possible to install custom PHP extensions on free hosting.

• Okay. I didn't know they're custom. Thought, they might be normal. Thanks, anyways.

• @VPHrishikesh said:
    Okay. I didn't know they're custom. Thought, they might be normal. Thanks, anyways.

As far as I can tell, there is no such thing as a "symlink" extension. Symlink functionality is part of the PHP core. However, the relevant functions were disabled for security reasons.

The putenv is an optional extension for PHP, but it's not installed on our servers. While we might install additional extensions if there is demand for it, there is only one application I know which uses the putenv extension: the BeMusic music sharing script. But using our hosting for file and media sharing sites is not allowed, so we have no interest in supporting that software.

Speaking of which, which software are you looking to install that uses those extensions?

And, as with any shared hosting service: you cannot install custom server software yourself.

• Yeah. I was trying BeMusic. I had the music on other places (so, I wasn't gonna stream from InfinityFree), so, I had thought, that'd work. Never mind, though. Thanks for the information.

This discussion has been closed.