Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

website down...

my website, thejatimes.ml is currently down. I was updating some plugins and closed the updating page, and then an error showed up when I tried to load my website. It said, "Site down for maintenance". I waited about 15 minutes, and then I checked it again. The website said it had a http error 500.

HELP!
-Blogger Joe

Comments

• Did you check if there was any real error message being generated? https://infinityfree.net/support/http-error-500/

• this is the exact text copied from the page:
    This page isn’t working
    thejatimes.ml is currently unable to handle this request.
    HTTP ERROR 500

does this help?

• @Blogger_Joe said:
    this is the exact text copied from the page:
    This page isn’t working
    thejatimes.ml is currently unable to handle this request.
    HTTP ERROR 500

does this help?

Does "error 500" give you a clear indication of what's going on? No? Well, it doesn't tell me the exact cause either.

An ERROR 500 status code means that your website code crashed and didn't send any output. Every browser has it's own way of turning the empty response into a nice looking page, but regardless of which browser you use and how it formats the error, it doesn't tell you anything about what is crashing and why.

That's why you need to check the error message generated by your website code, because that's the only indication of why the site crashed. And to figure that out, you need to follow the instructions in the article I linked before.

• "The easiest way to do so is by going to your control panel, then PHP Config -> select your domain name -> Alter PHP Directives -> set Display Errors to On -> click Alter PHP Directives. Now, try to reload the page and see if an error message occurs."

Follow this.

• I finally got around to doing it, and this is the exact error message copied from the page:

Warning: include_once(/home/vol3_1/epizy.com/epiz_21833745/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/ninja-forms/includes/deprecated.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/vol3_1/epizy.com/epiz_21833745/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/ninja-forms/ninja-forms.php on line 45

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening '/home/vol3_1/epizy.com/epiz_21833745/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/ninja-forms/includes/deprecated.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear/') in /home/vol3_1/epizy.com/epiz_21833745/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/ninja-forms/ninja-forms.php on line 45

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'NF_Admin_Menus_Forms' not found in /home/vol3_1/epizy.com/epiz_21833745/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/ninja-forms/ninja-forms.php:212 Stack trace: #0 /home/vol3_1/epizy.com/epiz_21833745/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/ninja-forms/ninja-forms.php(781): Ninja_Forms::instance() #1 /home/vol3_1/epizy.com/epiz_21833745/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/ninja-forms/ninja-forms.php(784): Ninja_Forms() #2 /home/vol3_1/epizy.com/epiz_21833745/htdocs/wp-settings.php(305): include_once('/home/vol3_1/ep...') #3 /home/vol3_1/epizy.com/epiz_21833745/htdocs/wp-config.php(86): require_once('/home/vol3_1/ep...') #4 /home/vol3_1/epizy.com/epiz_21833745/htdocs/wp-load.php(37): require_once('/home/vol3_1/ep...') #5 /home/vol3_1/epizy.com/epiz_21833745/htdocs/wp-blog-header.php(13): require_once('/home/vol3_1/ep...') #6 /home/vol3_1/epizy.com/epiz_21833745/htdocs/index.php(17): require('/home/vol3_1/ep...') #7 {main} thrown in /home/vol3_1/epizy.com/epiz_21833745/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/ninja-forms/ninja-forms.php on line 212

Does this help identify the error?
    Thanks in advance,
    Blogger Joe

• @Blogger_Joe said:
    I finally got around to doing it, and this is the exact error message copied from the page:

Warning: include_once(/home/vol3_1/epizy.com/epiz_21833745/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/ninja-forms/includes/deprecated.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/vol3_1/epizy.com/epiz_21833745/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/ninja-forms/ninja-forms.php on line 45

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening '/home/vol3_1/epizy.com/epiz_21833745/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/ninja-forms/includes/deprecated.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear/') in /home/vol3_1/epizy.com/epiz_21833745/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/ninja-forms/ninja-forms.php on line 45

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'NF_Admin_Menus_Forms' not found in /home/vol3_1/epizy.com/epiz_21833745/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/ninja-forms/ninja-forms.php:212 Stack trace: #0 /home/vol3_1/epizy.com/epiz_21833745/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/ninja-forms/ninja-forms.php(781): Ninja_Forms::instance() #1 /home/vol3_1/epizy.com/epiz_21833745/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/ninja-forms/ninja-forms.php(784): Ninja_Forms() #2 /home/vol3_1/epizy.com/epiz_21833745/htdocs/wp-settings.php(305): include_once('/home/vol3_1/ep...') #3 /home/vol3_1/epizy.com/epiz_21833745/htdocs/wp-config.php(86): require_once('/home/vol3_1/ep...') #4 /home/vol3_1/epizy.com/epiz_21833745/htdocs/wp-load.php(37): require_once('/home/vol3_1/ep...') #5 /home/vol3_1/epizy.com/epiz_21833745/htdocs/wp-blog-header.php(13): require_once('/home/vol3_1/ep...') #6 /home/vol3_1/epizy.com/epiz_21833745/htdocs/index.php(17): require('/home/vol3_1/ep...') #7 {main} thrown in /home/vol3_1/epizy.com/epiz_21833745/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/ninja-forms/ninja-forms.php on line 212

Does this help identify the error?
    Thanks in advance,
    Blogger Joe

Absolutely, that's really useful!

This error means that your website is trying to load wp-content/plugins/ninja-forms/includes/deprecated.php, but that file doesn't exist so it crashes. Given that the file is in the folder wp-content/plugins/ninja-forms/, it tells me you have a plugin called "ninja-forms" which is broken.

The errors after that are basically a repetition or result of this issue.

If you have access to the WordPress admin area, you can simply disable the Ninja Forms plugin there which should allow your website to show something. You can also reinstall the plugin from there which should solve this issue.

If the WordPress admin is also down, you need to fix the issue manually. You could download a fresh copy of the ninja-forms plugin and upload it to the existing plugin installation, overwriting any files. This should add any missing files and fix corrupted ones.

If you get stuck with that, you could also just delete the ninja-forms plugin folder entirely, which should tell WordPress that the plugin is gone and should not be loaded either.

• Thanks for your answer!
    Along with the site, the WP ADMIN is also down.
    Do you know how I would go about deleting the plugin folder?
    Thanks again,
    Blogger Joe

• @Blogger_Joe said:
    Thanks for your answer!
    Along with the site, the WP ADMIN is also down.
    Do you know how I would go about deleting the plugin folder?
    Thanks again,
    Blogger Joe

Simple: open up a file manager or FTP client, navigate to the htdocs/wp-content/plugins/ folder and delete the folder called ninja-forms.

• I can't thank you enough. My problem is solved!
    I've tried a couple of other free-hosting companies and they have never worked as good as Infinityfree. Your support is amazing and I would recommend you to anyone who would ever want to start a website because of how amazing you truly are.
    Thanks again,
    Blogger Joe

This discussion has been closed.