Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SSL Certificate

Hi !
Actually i checked my domain in SSL checker, It says SSL certificate installed Correctly. But When i open my website in browser, it says unsecured. Pls Help me..

www.royalcurtainsandblinds.ga

Comments

  • @SSLCertificate said:
    Hi !
    Actually i checked my domain in SSL checker, It says SSL certificate installed Correctly. But When i open my website in browser, it says unsecured. Pls Help me..

    www.royalcurtainsandblinds.ga

    It seems that the certificate authority is invalid (Blank).
    Can you tell me where did you get the certificate?

  • @SSLCertificate said:
    Hi !
    Actually i checked my domain in SSL checker, It says SSL certificate installed Correctly. But When i open my website in browser, it says unsecured. Pls Help me..

    www.royalcurtainsandblinds.ga

    If the SSL certificate checker says the installation was successful, then the installation was successful and your website is secured.

    However, browsers tend to remember old certificates for a while, even if they are invalid. That's why we recommend to verify the installation with a certificate checker: browsers are not reliable for that!

    @PlanetGamingGG said:

    @SSLCertificate said:
    Hi !
    Actually i checked my domain in SSL checker, It says SSL certificate installed Correctly. But When i open my website in browser, it says unsecured. Pls Help me..

    www.royalcurtainsandblinds.ga

    It seems that the certificate authority is invalid (Blank).
    Can you tell me where did you get the certificate?

    CA chains cannot be installed on free hosting, so that's normal. It also doesn't explain why you would get an SSL certificate warning.

  • @SSLCertificate said:
    Hi !
    Actually i checked my domain in SSL checker, It says SSL certificate installed Correctly. But When i open my website in browser, it says unsecured. Pls Help me..

    www.royalcurtainsandblinds.ga

    Hi!
    It seems like you have enabled Flexible SSL on your website,and that is why it is ruined.
    Please see this topic here https://forum.infinityfree.net/discussion/3874/the-weirdest-problem-with-https-not-kidding#latest or just select Full SSL to get it back as it was.

    1. Register your website on Cloudflare.
    2. Install Really Simple SSL on your WordPress. (You can uninstall it after you activating it in a few hours).
    3. If nothing happens, proceed to number 4 step.
    4. Change your site address with "Https://" in General Setting on your WordPress site. prntscr.com/jfbl5i
    5. Configure your Cloudflare to Enable:
      *AUTOMATIC HTTP REWRITES: http://prntscr.com/jfbhri
      *ALWAYS USE HTTPS: prntscr.com/jfbheo
    6. Follow my PAGE RULE SAMPLE (See Attached Screenshot): prntscr.com/jfbfsy
    7. Wait for a few hours. Browse your site. When your site don't load normally, change Cloudflare setting from Flexible to Full.
    8. Feedback.

    Hope it helps. :)

    www.mauwiks.cf (Site's On Going Construction)

  • @mauwiks said:
    1. Register your website on Cloudflare.
    2. Install Really Simple SSL on your WordPress. (You can uninstall it after you activating it in a few hours).
    3. If nothing happens, proceed to number 4 step.
    4. Change your site address with "Https://" in General Setting on your WordPress site. prntscr.com/jfbl5i
    5. Configure your Cloudflare to Enable:
    *AUTOMATIC HTTP REWRITES: http://prntscr.com/jfbhri
    *ALWAYS USE HTTPS: prntscr.com/jfbheo
    6. Follow my PAGE RULE SAMPLE (See Attached Screenshot): prntscr.com/jfbfsy
    7. Wait for a few hours. Browse your site. When your site don't load normally, change Cloudflare setting from Flexible to Full.
    8. Feedback.

    Hope it helps. :)

    www.mauwiks.cf (Site's On Going Construction)

    Yes but he MUST select Full SSL instead of the default Flexible,otherwise the website will be ruined as mine was,you can see that on this topic:https://forum.infinityfree.net/discussion/3874/the-weirdest-problem-with-https-not-kidding that I had created.
    Nice steps,anyway.
    Is your website going to be about tech?

  • Whether Full SSL is required or not depends on your website code. Well written code should work fine with Flexible SSL, but many scripts cannot deal properly with the apparent contradiction of getting accessed through HTTPS but not handling SSL itself.

    Full SSL is still recommended though. There is no reason to use Flexible SSL on InfinityFree, and Full SSL is more secure. You should set that immediately after adding your domain to Cloudflare, no need to wait for that.

  • edited May 9

    When it came to Pagerules then @mauwiks your page rules are following some error and it can be better than that! My recommended Pagerules are!
    As we know there are limit of 3 rules thus.
    1. To save Bandwidth and to use less server resources!
    https://.yoursite.com/
    Always Online - ON
    Browser Cache TTL - 24 Hours
    Cache Level - Cache Everything
    Rocket Loader - Automatic
    Automatic HTTPS Rewrites - enable
    2. For WP-Admin Dashboard
    if you are using WP then there should be no cache at Admin Dashboard it have to update frequently thus
    https://yoursite.com/wp-admin/
    Disable Performance
    Disable Cache
    3. If you use AMP
    https://.yoursite.com/amp/
    Disable Performance
    Disable Security
    Disable Apps
    CAMT

  • @ChrisPAR said:

    @mauwiks said:
    1. Register your website on Cloudflare.
    2. Install Really Simple SSL on your WordPress. (You can uninstall it after you activating it in a few hours).
    3. If nothing happens, proceed to number 4 step.
    4. Change your site address with "Https://" in General Setting on your WordPress site. prntscr.com/jfbl5i
    5. Configure your Cloudflare to Enable:
    *AUTOMATIC HTTP REWRITES: http://prntscr.com/jfbhri
    *ALWAYS USE HTTPS: prntscr.com/jfbheo
    6. Follow my PAGE RULE SAMPLE (See Attached Screenshot): prntscr.com/jfbfsy
    7. Wait for a few hours. Browse your site. When your site don't load normally, change Cloudflare setting from Flexible to Full.
    8. Feedback.

    Hope it helps. :)

    www.mauwiks.cf (Site's On Going Construction)

    Yes but he MUST select Full SSL instead of the default Flexible,otherwise the website will be ruined as mine was,you can see that on this topic:https://forum.infinityfree.net/discussion/3874/the-weirdest-problem-with-https-not-kidding that I had created.
    Nice steps,anyway.
    Is your website going to be about tech?

    Not really. It's just a simple personal development blog. I have another Blog to build for that. :)

  • @Admin said:
    Whether Full SSL is required or not depends on your website code. Well written code should work fine with Flexible SSL, but many scripts cannot deal properly with the apparent contradiction of getting accessed through HTTPS but not handling SSL itself.

    Full SSL is still recommended though. There is no reason to use Flexible SSL on InfinityFree, and Full SSL is more secure. You should set that immediately after adding your domain to Cloudflare, no need to wait for that.

    Sorry, not that familiar with coding yet. I told what I find working for me. :)

  • @Ranakhas said:
    When it came to Pagerules then @mauwiks your page rules are following some error and it can be better than that! My recommended Pagerules are!
    As we know there are limit of 3 rules thus.
    1. To save Bandwidth and to use less server resources!
    https://.yoursite.com/
    Always Online - ON
    Browser Cache TTL - 24 Hours
    Cache Level - Cache Everything
    Rocket Loader - Automatic
    Automatic HTTPS Rewrites - enable
    2. For WP-Admin Dashboard
    if you are using WP then there should be no cache at Admin Dashboard it have to update frequently thus
    https://yoursite.com/wp-admin/
    Disable Performance
    Disable Cache
    3. If you use AMP
    https://.yoursite.com/amp/
    Disable Performance
    Disable Security
    Disable Apps
    CAMT

    Thanks Buddy! Will try it on.

This discussion has been closed.