Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to delete your InfinityFree Account

edited May 8 in Other Discussions

Hello InfinityFree Community!
To start,I really do not know why somebody would want to delete their account on InfinityFree.
Anyway,here you go:

How to delete your account Step By Step

  1. Create an account on support.ifastnet.com with THE SAME EMAIL AND PASSWORD you used on Infinityfree
  2. Ask them to delete your account explaining the reason(s) you need to do this.
  3. Usually they will respond to you soon and delete your account after 90 days.
    Thank you!
    Please keep in mind that there is no way to use the account again.
    It will be completely deleted and you will have to register again.

Comments

  • You can close your account before the 90 days if you want. The process is described here: https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-delete-your-account/

  • @Admin said:
    You can close your account before the 90 days if you want. The process is described here: https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-delete-your-account/

    Yes but,as I remember,you had said that there is a way to re-enable it then.
    With the method I said,you will have to re-create an account because it will have benn completely deleted.
    Please correct me if I am mistaken.

  • @ChrisPAR said:

    @Admin said:
    You can close your account before the 90 days if you want. The process is described here: https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-delete-your-account/

    Yes but,as I remember,you had said that there is a way to re-enable it then.
    With the method I said,you will have to re-create an account because it will have benn completely deleted.
    Please correct me if I am mistaken.

    But why would you take the time to plead to support to deactivate your account when there is a button in the client area you can just click which removes the account as well?

    iFastNet did not delete your account. They just deactivated it (and they told you that as well). And just as easy as they deactivated your account, it can be reactivated again. But it may be deleted after 90 days, just like the button in our client area does.

    @ChrisPAR said:
    1. Create an account on support.ifastnet.com with THE SAME EMAIL AND PASSWORD you used on Infinityfree

    ABSOLUTELY DO NOT FOLLOW THIS DANGEROUS ADVICE!!!

    Your InfinityFree client area password is protected with the best in class cryptography. We cannot access them in any way, and nothing related to these credentials are ever sent to iFastnet. I cannot guarantee that iFastNet's password security is of the same level.

    "Don't reuse passwords" is still security best practice, and that holds true for InfinityFree as well. Use a strong, unique password for your client area account and stick to randomly generated passwords for your hosting accounts. Hosting account passwords are inherently insecure because they need to be stored in config files, shared with other applications and sometimes transmitted over insecure connections. And don't reuse the passwords on other websites.

  • I never said to delete/deactivate my account!
    What is going on here????
    Restore it Please!I need it back!

  • @ChrisPAR said:
    I never said to delete/deactivate my account!
    What is going on here????
    Restore it Please!I need it back!

    Your account was suspended because your domain name was found in an abuse complaint. Follow the instructions in the client area to get it back.

  • Sorry guys,Do not follow what I said,it is completely wrong.
    I did not know of the existence of that Delete Button.
    @Admin,you may delete it now,it will cause only danger,I am really sorry.

  • @Admin said:

    ABSOLUTELY DO NOT FOLLOW THIS DANGEROUS ADVICE!!!

    Your InfinityFree client area password is protected with the best in class cryptography. We cannot access them in any way, and nothing related to these credentials are ever sent to iFastnet. I cannot guarantee that iFastNet's password security is of the same level.

    "Don't reuse passwords" is still security best practice, and that holds true for InfinityFree as well. Use a strong, unique password for your client area account and stick to randomly generated passwords for your hosting accounts. Hosting account passwords are inherently insecure because they need to be stored in config files, shared with other applications and sometimes transmitted over insecure connections. And don't reuse the passwords on other websites.

    You are mistaken and I can prove it.
    I have set up another hosting powered by iFastnet,and I was able to login to MY CONTROL PANEL there with the InfinityFree credentials!
    So,data is sent to iFastnet,they have your name and passwords,and they can access anybody's account anytime they want.
    I also have another proof that they can do it,which I may send if you require.
    Not that I have a problem with iFastnet because I am sure this is described in their policy,but you can't say to people that their credentials are not sent to iFastnet when they do.

  • @ChrisPAR said:

    @Admin said:

    ABSOLUTELY DO NOT FOLLOW THIS DANGEROUS ADVICE!!!

    Your InfinityFree client area password is protected with the best in class cryptography. We cannot access them in any way, and nothing related to these credentials are ever sent to iFastnet. I cannot guarantee that iFastNet's password security is of the same level.

    "Don't reuse passwords" is still security best practice, and that holds true for InfinityFree as well. Use a strong, unique password for your client area account and stick to randomly generated passwords for your hosting accounts. Hosting account passwords are inherently insecure because they need to be stored in config files, shared with other applications and sometimes transmitted over insecure connections. And don't reuse the passwords on other websites.

    You are mistaken and I can prove it.
    I have set up another hosting powered by iFastnet,and I was able to login to MY CONTROL PANEL there with the InfinityFree credentials!
    So,data is sent to iFastnet,they have your name and passwords,and they can access anybody's account anytime they want.
    I also have another proof that they can do it,which I may send if you require.
    Not that I have a problem with iFastnet because I am sure this is described in their policy,but you can't say to people that their credentials are not sent to iFastnet when they do.

    I wrote this code. I know which data is passed to iFastNet and which data never touches anything related to iFastNet. Your InfinityFree client area credentials never touch iFastNet's infrastructure. If you used the same password twice, then you are responsible for having the data shared with them.

    Yes, your hosting account credentials are passed to iFastNet. iFastNet uses those for the control panel, FTP and databases. But that is exactly why I recommended to stick to the automatically generated passwords for hosting accounts, and why you should not use your client area password for your hosting accounts.

  • @Admin said:

    @ChrisPAR said:

    @Admin said:

    ABSOLUTELY DO NOT FOLLOW THIS DANGEROUS ADVICE!!!

    Your InfinityFree client area password is protected with the best in class cryptography. We cannot access them in any way, and nothing related to these credentials are ever sent to iFastnet. I cannot guarantee that iFastNet's password security is of the same level.

    "Don't reuse passwords" is still security best practice, and that holds true for InfinityFree as well. Use a strong, unique password for your client area account and stick to randomly generated passwords for your hosting accounts. Hosting account passwords are inherently insecure because they need to be stored in config files, shared with other applications and sometimes transmitted over insecure connections. And don't reuse the passwords on other websites.

    You are mistaken and I can prove it.
    I have set up another hosting powered by iFastnet,and I was able to login to MY CONTROL PANEL there with the InfinityFree credentials!
    So,data is sent to iFastnet,they have your name and passwords,and they can access anybody's account anytime they want.
    I also have another proof that they can do it,which I may send if you require.
    Not that I have a problem with iFastnet because I am sure this is described in their policy,but you can't say to people that their credentials are not sent to iFastnet when they do.

    I wrote this code. I know which data is passed to iFastNet and which data never touches anything related to iFastNet. Your InfinityFree client area credentials never touch iFastNet's infrastructure. If you used the same password twice, then you are responsible for having the data shared with them.

    Yes, your hosting account credentials are passed to iFastNet. iFastNet uses those for the control panel, FTP and databases. But that is exactly why I recommended to stick to the automatically generated passwords for hosting accounts, and why you should not use your client area password for your hosting accounts.

    Okay then @Admin,i know that you wrote this code,but what I meant was only about iFastnet.
    That way,it is ok.
    But still,are you going to delete this post which has really no use of existing since I didn't know many things then (and I am still learning new) or let it be?

  • edited May 16
    It's best to follow their guidelines and ToS, smh.
    And yeah, I've studied about information systems, all of my lecturer never taught me to share any sensitive data, even to partner organization (unless stated inside who-knows agreement).
    Using same username/password is never encouraged, but is allowed at their own risk and consent (means organization will not held responsible for the loss of using same credential)
  • @Joo_Nath said:
    It's best to follow their guidelines and ToS, smh.
    And yeah, I've studied about information systems, all of my lecturer never taught me to share any sensitive data, even to partner organization (unless stated inside who-knows agreement).
    Using same username/password is never encouraged, but is allowed at their own risk and consent (means organization will not held responsible for the loss of using same credential)

    And your lecturer is right, you shouldn't share data with others just like that. And if you're sharing personal data, then that would actually be illegal, especially after May 25 (GDPR).

    However, in ideal circumstances, your hosting account password is only used to access your hosting account resources (which are provided by iFastNet), and nothing else. So I'd say sharing the password is necessary in this case.

This discussion has been closed.