Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Installed arastta and I cant get into the admin

I installed arastta, and it went smoothly, so I assume the server had all the correct settings. Anyway, when I try to log into the admin, I cant. And when I try to use the password recovery, an email is sent, but it has no content. No link for password recovery is sent. I even went into the database directly and tried to change the password, but this did not work either.

Free isnt really free when you waste a bunch of valuable time trying to set something up.

Frustrated beyond belief, and would never Upgrade to premium, since the free account has turned out to be such a huge hassle.

Please help.

Comments

• @thatguy said:
    I installed arastta, and it went smoothly, so I assume the server had all the correct settings. Anyway, when I try to log into the admin, I cant. And when I try to use the password recovery, an email is sent, but it has no content. No link for password recovery is sent. I even went into the database directly and tried to change the password, but this did not work either.

Free isnt really free when you waste a bunch of valuable time trying to set something up.

Frustrated beyond belief, and would never Upgrade to premium, since the free account has turned out to be such a huge hassle.

Please help.

You may receive any email but with no content which doesn't make sense. There maybe a file attached to email Download it and open with notepad. This usually causes when you haven't configured correctly.
    Free means Free.
    If problem continue delete and reinstall but this remember your login credentials.

• @thatguy said:

Email sending is quite limited here. After all, we provide free website hosting, not free spammer hosting: https://infinityfree.net/support/php-mail/

With almost all software, it's also possible to reset a password by manually editing it in the database. I'm not familiar with arastta, but it might be worth it to check if it's possible.

Alternatively, if it's just a new installation, you could just reinstall it, which might be easier.

@thatguy said:

Which is why I'm pleased to tell you that we don't provide the premium hosting ourselves!

The premium hosting is provided by another company who are very capable of providing great hosting which is very different from limited free hosting.

InfinityFree is not a trial for a premium hosting service. It's free hosting which was designed from the ground up to be the best free hosting we can make it.

• Dear admin. Thank you for noting that you provide free website hosting, and not free spammer hosting. Thank god I am not a spammer, which I am not sure you are implying or not. Receiving a "Forgot Password" email does not qualify as spam.....so I dont know, maybe your system should allow for "Forgot Password" emails to go through your system.

I have done the following thus far, all of which are failing:

1. Installed, and reinstalled the software.
    2. Gone into the database and attempted to change the password myself, which did not work.
    3. Clicked on the forgot password link, which sends an email with no content.
    4. Posted on the forum, which has gotten me no where quick.

I am just curious, how you think that offering softaculous is a value to customers, when they install one of the apps, and cannot get it to work, and frustrates them beyond belief. Then in an aggressive tone, implies that their frustrated customer, who is simply trying to login to a system, is a spammer. I just dont see how this program is any help if the programs it installs dont work, and dont let you login to the system.

Please help or enlighten me.

Thanks.

• Irrelevant opinion ahead: most software encrypt the password sent first, then store them to DB in unreadable format (e.g. MD5). So editing the password manually in DB basically means that you have an encrypted password with value "manuallyEditedPass", and the program passes the value, decrypted them into something different.
    Idk how to explain this in correct English grammar, but that's what happened :sweat_smile:

Now to the main question. It should took the engineer a lot of hard work to determine whether a program has spamming behavior or not. So instead they limit the use of automated mailing system (CMIIW!!).

I'd prefer not to discuss about softaculous because of my limited knowledge to that. But from what I understand, softaculous is just another "plugin" InfinityFree provide to us that came from other company. So they have no (or limited) right to make any changes to its content.

You should take your time, learn the code's flow and edit it. I do suspect that there was something sketchy inside the login code.

• @thatguy said:
    Dear admin. Thank you for noting that you provide free website hosting, and not free spammer hosting. Thank god I am not a spammer, which I am not sure you are implying or not. Receiving a "Forgot Password" email does not qualify as spam.....so I dont know, maybe your system should allow for "Forgot Password" emails to go through your system.

2. Gone into the database and attempted to change the password myself, which did not work.

I am just curious, how you think that offering softaculous is a value to customers, when they install one of the apps, and cannot get it to work, and frustrates them beyond belief. Then in an aggressive tone, implies that their frustrated customer, who is simply trying to login to a system, is a spammer. I just dont see how this program is any help if the programs it installs dont work, and dont let you login to the system.

Thanks.

Hello,
    If anything is wrong or broken, that is Softaculous fault and not Infinityfree's.
    Please see what @Joo_Nath said:

most software encrypt the password sent first, then store them to DB in unreadable format (e.g. MD5). So editing the password manually in DB basically means that you have an encrypted password with value "manuallyEditedPass", and the program passes the value, decrypted them into something different.

That means that you shouldn't enter your new password in raw format inside the database, but you should find if it is MD5 or something else encrypted and then also encrypt your new password with MD5 or something else and put the encrypted new password in the database. It will work!

• @thatguy said:

Thanks.

Softaculous might be the one responsible for an error in your installation and Softaculous is a big bonus since Softaculous helps you if you don't want to manually update or upload files to the server.
    And maybe the app you installed might be also the one responsible for creating errors since not all apps are perfect and some apps are buggy or has a bad development and something like that.

• @Joo_Nath said:
    Irrelevant opinion ahead: most software encrypt the password sent first, then store them to DB in unreadable format (e.g. MD5). So editing the password manually in DB basically means that you have an encrypted password with value "manuallyEditedPass", and the program passes the value, decrypted them into something different.
    Idk how to explain this in correct English grammar, but that's what happened :sweat_smile:

And by choosing a new password, encrypting it with the same algorithm and then storing it in the database, you can reset your password. The fact that you can't read a password does not mean you can't write it.

@thatguy said:
    Dear admin. Thank you for noting that you provide free website hosting, and not free spammer hosting. Thank god I am not a spammer, which I am not sure you are implying or not. Receiving a "Forgot Password" email does not qualify as spam.....so I dont know, maybe your system should allow for "Forgot Password" emails to go through your system.

Reliably detecting spam is extremely hard. We could have chosen to go for spam filtering and accept that some spam would go through, or block all email except for the few messages we are 100% sure of that it's not spam. We opted for the latter.

@thatguy said:

Normally, you don't need to do a password reset to get access to an application installed with Softaculous. Like @Joo_Nath said, Softaculous is an off the shelf service we use, so I don't know every script and installer by heart, but Softaculous normally lets you choose the admin username and password when installing the script, so you can immediately login afterwards.

Also, I definitely did not want to imply that you are a spammer. I just wanted to inform you that we heavily restrict email to stop spammers, which blocks legitimate emails as well.