Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Manipulate database in another account by php script

Hi !

Can I use a script hosted in a account A to access a database in a account B ? Both accounts are mine. My question is, for example, if a php script hosted in sqlAAA.epizy.com (Account A) can manipulate data (read / write) in a database hosted in sqlBBB.epizy.com (account B) without risk of my accounts being blocked.

Thanks

Comments

  • @TheXJor said:
    Hi !

    Can I use a script hosted in a account A to access a database in a account B ? Both accounts are mine. My question is, for example, if a php script hosted in sqlAAA.epizy.com (Account A) can manipulate data (read / write) in a database hosted in sqlBBB.epizy.com (account B) without risk of my accounts being blocked.

    Thanks

    I'm not sure but this is not possible.

  • @TheXJor said:
    Hi !

    Can I use a script hosted in a account A to access a database in a account B ? Both accounts are mine. My question is, for example, if a php script hosted in sqlAAA.epizy.com (Account A) can manipulate data (read / write) in a database hosted in sqlBBB.epizy.com (account B) without risk of my accounts being blocked.

    Thanks

    No, it's not possible. Remote database account connections are not allowed on free hosting

  • @MAHOfficial said:

    @TheXJor said:
    Hi !

    Can I use a script hosted in a account A to access a database in a account B ? Both accounts are mine. My question is, for example, if a php script hosted in sqlAAA.epizy.com (Account A) can manipulate data (read / write) in a database hosted in sqlBBB.epizy.com (account B) without risk of my accounts being blocked.

    Thanks

    No, it's not possible. Remote database account connections are not allowed on free hosting

    Thanks for answer, but in case, it's not remote. Both accounts are in infinityfree server. The script is in the server (but in another account, another site, of mine). I've tested the script and it works, but i've not sure if it's allowed.

  • @TheXJor it's allowed until it's working.

  • @TheXJor said:

    @MAHOfficial said:

    @TheXJor said:
    Hi !

    Can I use a script hosted in a account A to access a database in a account B ? Both accounts are mine. My question is, for example, if a php script hosted in sqlAAA.epizy.com (Account A) can manipulate data (read / write) in a database hosted in sqlBBB.epizy.com (account B) without risk of my accounts being blocked.

    Thanks

    No, it's not possible. Remote database account connections are not allowed on free hosting

    Thanks for answer, but in case, it's not remote. Both accounts are in infinityfree server. The script is in the server (but in another account, another site, of mine). I've tested the script and it works, but i've not sure if it's allowed.

    If its working! then it is allowed as said by @MrJunior

  • @MAHOfficial l0l should I remind you to stop answering on answered topics, especially with the same answer?

  • That should have never happened, I think, since remote MySQL is not allowed here.

    @TheXJor it is not yet known if you face a risk or not, but I think this could be a security risk too, because if anyone who has your credentials is able to make his site hosted on other account connect to your database?

    @Admin can only confirm if this is how it should be, or if it is a bug and must be reported and resolved.

  • @ChrisPAR said:
    That should have never happened, I think, since remote MySQL is not allowed here.

    @TheXJor it is not yet known if you face a risk or not, but I think this could be a security risk too, because if anyone who has your credentials is able to make his site hosted on other account connect to your database?

    @Admin can only confirm if this is how it should be, or if it is a bug and must be reported and resolved.

    Yes @ChrisPAR, I thought that way, at first. But maybe it's only possible for accounts from the same user, linked to the same e-mail. But I'm also in doubt, even though I've tested and got it, because I do not know if this could be a bug or not. If @Admin can help ...

    Thanks a lot for all answers !

  • @ChrisPAR there's no remote access and he don't need to use it, both accounts hosted on one server i guess so he's able to connect.

  • Officially, you're not supposed to do this. Unofficially, I suspect the web servers and database servers aren't linked one-to-one, so every web server must have access to every database server to work. It looks like there is nothing preventing one hosting account from interacting with the databases on another account, assuming you have the right credentials.

    But of course, this is not official behavior and can break and any time without notice.

  • @Admin said:
    Officially, you're not supposed to do this. Unofficially, I suspect the web servers and database servers aren't linked one-to-one, so every web server must have access to every database server to work. It looks like there is nothing preventing one hosting account from interacting with the databases on another account, assuming you have the right credentials.

    But of course, this is not official behavior and can break and any time without notice.

    Thanks @Admin, for the information. So, to finish the post, what do you recommend ? Should I avoid using this kind of "breach", to prevent my site from being blocked, right ? Unfortunately, this behaviour would be very useful to me, but if it is not allowed, I will not infringe.

  • Obviously we'll recommend you to avoid using this, but you'll not be blocked for this as well. Read my first message in this topic.

This discussion has been closed.