Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need help please! is important

I don't have too much time to explain my problem, so please look at this ProductForums Webmaster Google discussion started by me: https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!msg/webmaster-es/CiAOFZpsrgg/M5iIDzTCFAAJ (if you don't know spanish, only translate the page) Please help me!

Comments

• @Andreso said:
    I don't have too much time to explain my problem, so please look at this ProductForums Webmaster Google discussion started by me: https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!msg/webmaster-es/CiAOFZpsrgg/M5iIDzTCFAAJ (if you don't know spanish, only translate the page) Please help me!

Hi,
    Did you already read the experts reply?

I visited www.andreso.cf/sitemap_index.xml and it simply returns a WordPress 404 page meaning "No such file" but I visited www.andreso.cf/sitemap.xml then it is visitable and can be accessed.

Try using www.andreso.cf/sitemap.xml instead of www.andreso.cf/sitemap_index.xml

• Why should we spend our time to help you if you don't even have the time to properly ask a question? I thought you wanted help?

• I think he just didnt know how to phrase his question

• @Admin Ok, i¡'ll explain my problem: First of all, @UnknownLolz i changed my sitemap plugin and now it's sitemap.xml, well, my problem is this: Search Console doesn't wanna accept any sitemap of any sitemap plugin on Wordpress, says "Unknown" and that my sitemap cannot be read by Google. the last expert of ProductForums told me to ask here to access to the log file or if you can help me in the problem.

• edited September 13

There's only one occasion that could cause problems like that - security system that blocks any automated bots requests.

Use cloudflare and then write back here.

If won't help - it's not related to IF.

• @MrJunior said:
    There's only one occasion that could cause problems like that - security system that blocks any automated bots requests.

TBH I think it's not actually the security system, in his post on Google Product Forums he was trying to add a sitemap and the sitemap he wants to add is this: www.andreso.cf/sitemap_index.xml and Google produces error not because it was blocked, it's because there is no such file as sitemap_index.xml.

Visit the link and check it out yourself.

• edited September 13

@>; @UnknownLolz said:

@MrJunior said:

TBH I think it's not actually the security system, in his post on Google Product Forums he was trying to add a sitemap and the sitemap he wants to add is this: www.andreso.cf/sitemap_index.xml and Google produces error not because it was blocked, it's because there is no such file as sitemap_index.xml.

That's because i changed Sitemap provider, isn't anymore Yoast SEO (who provides /sitemap_index.xml) is now BestWebSoft Sitemap (who provides /sitemap.xml) but the problem is still there, i correctly activated CloudFlare with my website as @MrJunior said, but the problem is still there, i think is more a problem of Wordpress or something related, because in my same account i have a old abandoned forum made with SMF that has the sitemap working.

• @Andreso said:
    @>; @UnknownLolz said:

@MrJunior said:

That's because i changed Sitemap provider, isn't anymore Yoast SEO (who provides /sitemap_index.xml) is now BestWebSoft Sitemap (who provides /sitemap.xml) but the problem is still there, i correctly activated CloudFlare with my website as @MrJunior said, but the problem is still there, i think is more a problem of Wordpress or something related, because in my same account i have a old abandoned forum made with SMF that has the sitemap working.

Oh sorry,
    Didn't read all the replies there, last time I check there were only 3.

Also when did you enable Cloudflare?
    DNS propagation will take up to 24 hrs though and you will need to wait for this to be effective everywhere.

• @UnknownLolz I enabled CloudFlare just a few hours ago, in my CloudFlare website's dashboard it says that is correctly activated with my website and all, but anyways i'll wait that 24 hours DNS propagation, if that 24 hours passes and nothing, i'll need to dig on Wordpress and see what's causing the problem.

• The ProductForums expert says that my error is server side, so he tells me that i need to have access to the server logs, and also i need to check if GoogleBot is included on any blocklists of firewall, how i can access to server log?

• @Andreso said:
    The ProductForums expert says that my error is server side, so he tells me that i need to have access to the server logs, and also i need to check if GoogleBot is included on any blocklists of firewall, how i can access to server log?

I have tested your sitemap using a sitemap bot tester and it can validate the sitemap without any problems.
    I think you can't access server logs here.

• edited September 14

Still not working. I notice that didn't told the error that appears on the sitemap. It says "HTTP General Error" and the ProductForums experts says that a HTTP General Error is a server-side problem. Here's a Screenshot:

• there is some problem with your site because sitemap.xml is not accessible over ssl connection
    https://www.andreso.cf/sitemap.xml
    result in a white blank page

• @MAHOfficial I don't have SSL HTTPS certificate on my website. Only HTTP

• edited September 14

sitemap prev. https://aw-snap.info/file-viewer/?protocol=secure&ref_sel=GSP2&ua_sel=ff&chk-cache=&fs=1&tgt=d3d3LnxuI317c10uXmZgc1t0e218cC54bWw=~enc

in google search console
    please go to the old version (left menu at bottom)
    then
    crawl>sitemaps
    click add/test sitemap button and test your sitemap
    view test result

since google introduced a new version of GSC many people have a problem with general error, including me

you also need to know that google cache errors and keeps it until the bot again comes in periodic order to crawl your site

sitemaps are not so important if the google bot is not blocked (robots.txt)
    because google is more trusting in the bot than in the sitemaps that people submitted

for other problems https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/183669#error-list

• @OxyDac i already tested with the old version, i test my Sitemap and even counts the links on it, but when i add it, stays as "Pendiente" (in English would be In Hold or something like that). And in New Google Search Console, happens what i'm talking about.