Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SSL certificate not updating

I was using https in my website. I had previously uploaded SSL certificate successfully from the SSL/TLS option in cPanel. However, today when I checked, Cloudflare was giving "Error 526 Invalid SSL Certificate". So, I thought I'd update the SSL certificate. I uploaded the private key and the certificate successfully. However, it was not reflected on my website. So, I deleted the certificate and reupload everything. It was not working. My website is presenting the default self-signed certificate, not the one I uploaded. The certificates are not updating at all.

Two issues:
1. Error 526 returned by Cloudflare (when I used a valid certificate).
2. SSL certificate not updating (after uploading successfully).

My username is epiz_21445054 and my website is on the IP 185.27.134.211

Comments

  • I just checked your website but it looks like the SSL certificate is working now. Please note that it can take up to 60 minutes for an SSL certificate to be installed.

    It sounds like both issues you listed are actually the same issue: you can see your SSL certificate is invalid and Cloudflare says the SSL certificate is invalid. If you enable Cloudflare again now, it should work as well.

  • It is working now. The certificate was valid before I tried to install again. The Cloudflare error 526 occurred before the new installation, while still using the old valid certificate. There has been frequent errors these last a few weeks with the Cloudflare giving various errors like Error 502, though temporarily. When I checked the certificate at ssllabs.com, it returned 2 certificates - one the valid certificate I uploaded and other the self-signed default certificate. Is it possible that Cloudflare returned the error 526 because of the self-signed certificate?

    As for the SSL certificate not updating, it may be due to what you said - taking up to 60 minutes.

  • @ncc-lc said:
    It is working now. The certificate was valid before I tried to install again. The Cloudflare error 526 occurred before the new installation, while still using the old valid certificate. There has been frequent errors these last a few weeks with the Cloudflare giving various errors like Error 502, though temporarily. When I checked the certificate at ssllabs.com, it returned 2 certificates - one the valid certificate I uploaded and other the self-signed default certificate. Is it possible that Cloudflare returned the error 526 because of the self-signed certificate?

    As for the SSL certificate not updating, it may be due to what you said - taking up to 60 minutes.

    Self-signed certificate is provided by almost every hosting to website.

    If you install custom certificate then self-signed certificate will not be used anymore for your website but when you don't install custom certificate then self-signed certificate will be used. However, two or more than two certificate's can be stored on one hosting account but only one certificate can be used at a time for website. So, self-signed certificate can't cause such problems.

    Those problems may be caused by server or cloudflare or your website do not work properly probably because of using bad coded php scripts.

  • @ncc-lc said:
    It is working now. The certificate was valid before I tried to install again. The Cloudflare error 526 occurred before the new installation, while still using the old valid certificate. There has been frequent errors these last a few weeks with the Cloudflare giving various errors like Error 502, though temporarily. When I checked the certificate at ssllabs.com, it returned 2 certificates - one the valid certificate I uploaded and other the self-signed default certificate. Is it possible that Cloudflare returned the error 526 because of the self-signed certificate?

    It's very likely the self signed SSL certificate caused the 526 error. As to why the self signed certificate was being served, I don't know.

  • @Admin said:

    @ncc-lc said:
    It is working now. The certificate was valid before I tried to install again. The Cloudflare error 526 occurred before the new installation, while still using the old valid certificate. There has been frequent errors these last a few weeks with the Cloudflare giving various errors like Error 502, though temporarily. When I checked the certificate at ssllabs.com, it returned 2 certificates - one the valid certificate I uploaded and other the self-signed default certificate. Is it possible that Cloudflare returned the error 526 because of the self-signed certificate?

    It's very likely the self signed SSL certificate caused the 526 error. As to why the self signed certificate was being served, I don't know.

    I just checked again. SSL certificate is not serving properly. Previously, I set "Full" SSL setting in Cloudflare, but now when I switched to "Full (Strict)" SSL, it was not working. It gave the Error 526. So, I disabled Cloudflare and tested at https://www.ssllabs.com and the server only presents the default self signed certificate only. It was not serving my SSL Certificate.

  • @ncc-lc said:

    @Admin said:

    @ncc-lc said:
    It is working now. The certificate was valid before I tried to install again. The Cloudflare error 526 occurred before the new installation, while still using the old valid certificate. There has been frequent errors these last a few weeks with the Cloudflare giving various errors like Error 502, though temporarily. When I checked the certificate at ssllabs.com, it returned 2 certificates - one the valid certificate I uploaded and other the self-signed default certificate. Is it possible that Cloudflare returned the error 526 because of the self-signed certificate?

    It's very likely the self signed SSL certificate caused the 526 error. As to why the self signed certificate was being served, I don't know.

    I just checked again. SSL certificate is not serving properly. Previously, I set "Full" SSL setting in Cloudflare, but now when I switched to "Full (Strict)" SSL, it was not working. It gave the Error 526. So, I disabled Cloudflare and tested at https://www.ssllabs.com and the server only presents the default self signed certificate only. It was not serving my SSL Certificate.

    Full (Strict) will not work when you don't have a valid cert.
    But you have a valid cert right?

  • @UnknownLolz said:

    @ncc-lc said:

    @Admin said:

    @ncc-lc said:
    It is working now. The certificate was valid before I tried to install again. The Cloudflare error 526 occurred before the new installation, while still using the old valid certificate. There has been frequent errors these last a few weeks with the Cloudflare giving various errors like Error 502, though temporarily. When I checked the certificate at ssllabs.com, it returned 2 certificates - one the valid certificate I uploaded and other the self-signed default certificate. Is it possible that Cloudflare returned the error 526 because of the self-signed certificate?

    It's very likely the self signed SSL certificate caused the 526 error. As to why the self signed certificate was being served, I don't know.

    I just checked again. SSL certificate is not serving properly. Previously, I set "Full" SSL setting in Cloudflare, but now when I switched to "Full (Strict)" SSL, it was not working. It gave the Error 526. So, I disabled Cloudflare and tested at https://www.ssllabs.com and the server only presents the default self signed certificate only. It was not serving my SSL Certificate.

    Full (Strict) will not work when you don't have a valid cert.
    But you have a valid cert right?

    Yes, I have a valid certificate. It was working previously in Full (Strict).

    Now, it's not just about SSL settings in Cloudflare. As I mentioned before, I disabled Cloudflare and tried to access the site directly. And I got the self signed certificate only instead of the valid signed certificate. I checked at ssllabs.com too as I mentioned before.

  • edited October 15

    @ncc-lc said:

    @UnknownLolz said:

    @ncc-lc said:

    @Admin said:

    @ncc-lc said:
    It is working now. The certificate was valid before I tried to install again. The Cloudflare error 526 occurred before the new installation, while still using the old valid certificate. There has been frequent errors these last a few weeks with the Cloudflare giving various errors like Error 502, though temporarily. When I checked the certificate at ssllabs.com, it returned 2 certificates - one the valid certificate I uploaded and other the self-signed default certificate. Is it possible that Cloudflare returned the error 526 because of the self-signed certificate?

    It's very likely the self signed SSL certificate caused the 526 error. As to why the self signed certificate was being served, I don't know.

    I just checked again. SSL certificate is not serving properly. Previously, I set "Full" SSL setting in Cloudflare, but now when I switched to "Full (Strict)" SSL, it was not working. It gave the Error 526. So, I disabled Cloudflare and tested at https://www.ssllabs.com and the server only presents the default self signed certificate only. It was not serving my SSL Certificate.

    Full (Strict) will not work when you don't have a valid cert.
    But you have a valid cert right?

    Yes, I have a valid certificate. It was working previously in Full (Strict).

    Now, it's not just about SSL settings in Cloudflare. As I mentioned before, I disabled Cloudflare and tried to access the site directly. And I got the self signed certificate only instead of the valid signed certificate. I checked at ssllabs.com too as I mentioned before.

    I have the same problem too with https://bluimedia.com and https://tweak.bluiandaj.ml

  • Error 526. Invalid SSL certificate. It's still going on. @Admin Can you please check it? My username is epiz_21445054

  • @ncc-lc said:
    Error 526. Invalid SSL certificate. It's still going on. @Admin Can you please check it? My username is epiz_21445054

    I checked one of your sites, and it was working fine.

  • @Admin said:

    @ncc-lc said:
    Error 526. Invalid SSL certificate. It's still going on. @Admin Can you please check it? My username is epiz_21445054

    I checked one of your sites, and it was working fine.

    It was working because I use Cloudflare Full SSL, not the Full (Strict). I've just disabled Cloudflare. Please check now. It is serving the invalid self-signed certificate.

  • @Admin ssllabs.com also reported certificate mismatched and only the invalid self-signed certificate was showing in the test.

Sign In or Register to comment.