Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Obsolete PHP

Hello, I hope all is well..

Please can you tell me when my three accounts will have up to date PHP on them, please..

I am getting the following error:

"Error
We have detected that your server is using PHP 7.0.19 which is obsolete and no longer receives official security updates by its developers. The Joomla! Project recommends upgrading your site to PHP 7.1 or later which will receive security updates at least until 2019-12-01. Please ask your host to make PHP 7.1 or a later version the default version for your site. If your host is already PHP 7.1 ready please enable PHP 7.1 on your site's root and 'administrator' directories – typically you can do this yourself through a tool in your hosting control panel, but it's best to ask your host if you are unsure."

As you are the hosts, one for you guys I think.

Best wishes,

Paul

Comments

  • As of last night, PHP 7.0, which is the default (and latest) version on our hosting right now, is End Of Life, meaning it doesn't get official security updates. That doesn't mean your website is not secure anymore now, it only means that if a security issue is found in PHP 7.0 and your website uses the functionality containing that security issue, it would not get fixed anymore.

    We do intend to provide newer versions of PHP soon, but I don't know how or when yet.

  • @Admin said:
    As of last night, PHP 7.0, which is the default (and latest) version on our hosting right now, is End Of Life, meaning it doesn't get official security updates. That doesn't mean your website is not secure anymore now, it only means that if a security issue is found in PHP 7.0 and your website uses the functionality containing that security issue, it would not get fixed anymore.

    We do intend to provide newer versions of PHP soon, but I don't know how or when yet.

    let's hope it is soon.. Please can you comment here when you do, as it's not something I check.. Thanks...

  • When the new PHP versions become available, I'll probably post it in the News and Announcements category in this forum. I think that's better than to keep track of all topics asking for new PHP versions and copy-paste the same message in dozens of topics all at once.

  • edited December 11

    @Admin said:
    When the new PHP versions become available, I'll probably post it in the News and Announcements category in this forum. I think that's better than to keep track of all topics asking for new PHP versions and copy-paste the same message in dozens of topics all at once.

    yeh fair point, hurry up then, and sort my e-mails out as well..

  • @PaulNewman said:

    @Admin said:
    When the new PHP versions become available, I'll probably post it in the News and Announcements category in this forum. I think that's better than to keep track of all topics asking for new PHP versions and copy-paste the same message in dozens of topics all at once.

    yeh fair point, hurry up then, and sort my e-mails out as well..

    Trust me, we're already getting this issue solved as soon as possible. But between the breaking SSL setup and completely broken email system, I'm sure you can understand that upgrading the PHP versions is not top priority.

Sign In or Register to comment.