10000 forum users celebration - special event

Beliefs suck.

1 Like

Hmm… somehow yeah. But for me, i believe that:

SERIOUSLY DONT OPEN

Organisms is connected in each other. Your decision affects the world. Time is running forward. People decides people fate. Each is connected, bonded. Energy and life is in cycle. No supernatural being, but the relationship to every of us is affecting all life.

4 Likes

---- END OF BELIEF DISCUSSION ----

So, whats up?

1 Like

Well you’re a theist :smile:

:eye::eye: Maybe…

1 Like

Talking about this, this is pretty risky for online games which have connection to the server. for example if it is not well optimized then i can get 100,000$ of in-game premium currency for free with typing a little code in inspect-element.

As an online game developer, I MUST care about these sort of stuff to don’t put users’ security in trouble as well as preventing cheating, Tampermonkey hacking may sound harmless as it only runs on browser but it becomes serious if it is highly connected to the server.
Not only you need to make the backend side secure but also make the front-end code hard to read.

3 Likes

Yep.

That’s why for online games you should make the client only an I/O board.

Use it for drawing and sending key logs, that’s it.

would be happy to explain this to me.

Simply have the server be the game.

The server handles whether or not the player can jump/walk/do whatever.

It sends the game data to the client which then draws it.

You should probably store the game data so that the server doesn’t have a massive payload, but that’s the basic concept (someone told me this anyways, but I understand it).

3 Likes

Thats why its important to always use IIFE. hehe. And saving a references in IIFE so that no one could overwritten it.Unless exposed, you definitely not worry about it.

3 Likes

Also @JavesPotato Mr Sherlock Holmes Mr (or Ms?) BayoDino has eye on you and the game you are making, if I see that you don’t care about the security then you’ll face to me.

Bruh.

If I do this with the game I’m making then RIP the server (Will do same with DoS)

Lol. I created already finished creating framework for environment setup (security, data management, task management, etc). I dont worry much since backend is to the rescue

1 Like

Isn’t one of the major points of cybersecurity preventing DOS’s?

There are ways to prevent that.

Who said making a multiplayer game would be easy?

I used to say this when i wasn’t into it.

XD.

Yeah, but you need to verify transactions (especially with money) server-side.

1 Like

The real struggles in multiplayer game is the realtime syncing of data.

I have no idea on how to do this without an RTC server tho.

But seriously this is a dream job of mine.

Same :frowning:

I suck at design, I’m more of a developer…

What do you use for backend?