10000 forum users celebration - special event

@Greenreader9 do you have a discord account by the way?

No, I don’t. Mainly because I don’t feel like wasting away most of the day scrolling through things that seem interesting at the time (especially when I told myself to do something else), and than realizing the time and the amount of coding (or other stuff) I actually got done. :slight_smile: (YT Shorts is bad enough!)
Thanks for the invite to someones else server though?

5 Likes

Hi, welcome to our informal relaxation topic!

1 Like

Well the time has come! It was a fun ride. Thanks for sparking my interest for web development and the webhosting industry, if it wasnt for InfinityFree I wouldntve started my own hosting company ( not ifastnet or mofh actual cP ) Im deleting my account because I dont do anything useful with this account now. (maybe i might come back later!)
So, from the bottom of my heart, Thank you.

Bye!

Find me on discord
comfyy#8653

6 Likes

This is very good

Why is the name now “Anon”.

Wasn’t it exploreweb before?

I’m confused.

3 Likes

It automatically becomes Anon when the user deletes his account.

4 Likes

Why?

1 Like

GDPR (EU) ,CCPA (Cal), SHIELD act (New York), PIPEDA (Canada), LGPD (Brazil), PDPA (Hong Kong), IT act (India), etc.

2 Likes

???

1 Like

Security and Privacy - after the user ceases to be part of a service, by law, his traces must be deleted (PII data) or anonymized.

3 Likes

But why anon out of everything? What about deletedxxxxxx?

3 Likes

That’s how the Discourse team decided (which is abbreviated from anonymous)

4 Likes

Oh, I see now! What’s pretty interesting is how they will update all mentions and quotes for deleted users but they don’t do the same for editing usernames.

2 Likes

So it was on the old versions the newer ones do it.

My mentions and quotes didn’t update when I changed my username.

1 Like

If you didn’t notice, quotes don’t change if the quoted text changes either :confused:

1 Like

Why not just delete it, then?

1 Like

Probably not instant so as not to burden the forum unnecessarily and write through databases for a long time.

Can you give an example of where there is still the old way?

Imagine me leaving the forum

How many topics and all the posts would disappear and create confusion because there are holes in the distorted communication.

Data that can be deleted are deleted
and the forum is a public matter anyway…it is understood that what you write here is public

so just anon users are enough.

Somehow you have to name the one who is post something
not just to make it clearer and more readable to people
but also the database must have some ID and generate all that

5 Likes

You just gotta love marbles and music!

And wintergatan
3 Likes