10000 forum users celebration - special event

I played around with the Cloudflare speed test a bit - https://speed.cloudflare.com/

and submitted it to several websites that can receive that URL (e.g. screenshots from websites online)
and gained insight into their connection speed - lol

capturefullpage(dot)com is the fastest so far

others have mostly 400 like webpagetest(dot)org
if selected (in advanced settings) that there are no restrictions

1 Like

The first thing I do on any linux distro
is that I am annoyed by the white noise it sends to the speakers because it has a default option to suspend the sound card if there is no use
and when it goes out, my speakers start making noise :rage:

so then open as admin /etc/pulse/default.pa file

and I put this line under comment - to be like this
# load-module module-suspend-on-idle

save and restart !

The next thing I do is make aliases (because it’s so much easier for me to remember my command names than they normally are)
but so that the system remembers them permanently otherwise it remembers them only until the next restart

sudo mousepad .zshrc (mousepad = txt editor) (zshrc = kali terminal)
.bashrc (is on ubuntu)

and paste your aliases there
you will see code where some aliases are already listed there and put yours below

But all in all you have to be very careful with dual boot
especially when you want to remove some OS from it
and for example just leave Win.

You need to prepare first and know if these disks are on GPT or MBR
UEFI or legacy boot - Linux often adds both to a common boot partition

so you have both EFI and a grub boot loader
and it takes 101 ways to try or use various tools to adequately remove it from the boot option once you no longer want a dual boot.

Win11 tends to overrun and impose its boot loader on EFI
but that suits me well because I don’t waste time choosing each time which OS I want to run, but if I want to start some other OS then I press F11 to get the menu, otherwise, it just goes directly to Win.

initially, you see the linux boot loader (after install some lin) and options to select the desired OS
but once you get into the win and turn them off,
next time you no longer see the one from linux loader but win UEFI which immediately jumps to win.

In the end you feel like you’re drunk and you don’t know if it’s your fault or if some configuration has gone crazy…each restart you see something different
hahahaa :joy:

but when you spend 20 hours like that and reading loads of stuff online
then everything will be clearer to you and become normal
and you will manage to make everything work fine.

4 Likes

Wait…why is there a topic with my username?

1 Like

ask OP

2 Likes

the topic is closed, I asked him/her in a PM.

Because someone created a topic with your username and the work “lying”…

And something has changed here, what do you notice?
You have to click the correct part of the word, otherwise you get a surprise you might not like!Hint: Use a mouse and check the links before clicking :slight_smile:

Edit: Well now it’s too easy. Dumb discourse and its link-click bubbles (Although I guess you still don’t know which one is correct).

2 Likes

Love it! I had to zoom in like 5x on mobile to get the correct link!

2 Likes

I’m thinking of starting calculus. I haven’t done pre calc, but my algebra 2 class does cover some other topics in depth. Although, we split it up into 2.1 and 2.2.

And, Lord have Mercy, I might be reading a manga book (don’t ask, where has my mind gone) on it.

The question is if I can properly learn calculus without prior pre-calc knowledge.

1 Like

Oh my gosh guys, Moses is in Brooklyn!

Also, proof that the universe…

is potato

3 Likes

And this would then be a Big Bang :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Good one :joy:

3 Likes

Help my troubled soul

sqrt_cmj_rev6.dvi

3 Likes

Not reading that, sorry :disappointed:

4 Likes

According to the latest data (including from official sources), the flagship of the Russian Black Sea Fleet, the Moskva missile cruiser, was hit by two Ukrainian Neptune missiles. After that, a fire started on the ship with detonation of ammunition. Turkey said the ship sank.

4 Likes

I want to be the one firing the missiles >:(

I had a dream last night that I was with Ukrainians fighting the Russians, which were suddenly then Nazi Soldiers. Heck, even my unconsciousness mind turns Putin’s words aimed at the Ukrainians against himself!

2 Likes

I had the opportunity in the army to fire an anti-aircraft missile from an armored amphibious vehicle for these purposes.

the target was a remote-controlled aircraft pulling a heat target behind it via a cable

the rocket is first ejected from the container (4 per vehicle) and then its engines start after 5 meters
and has a range of up to 5 km.

this is for closer aircraft while other more expensive systems have a longer range

3 Likes

Wait, you were in the army?

BROOOOOOO

I don’t want to do so because

A) I only am in it for the guns and tech

B) I have autism and a buncha other stuff

C) I could die

D) Intense work

Lucky bro

4 Likes

it was obligatory for us to serve in the army (several years after the war)
it was later abolished and only volunteers go (I also survived the war and saw many things)

my city was surrounded on three sides and 3,000 grenades fell on it every day
so I know well how it is in Ukraine

at the age of 13 I held an automatic rifle and had three bombs
then it was normal in case of need

5 Likes

Wait, when was “the war”?

What war are you referring to?

Your friends die in your hands?

Your family being slaughtered by the enemy forces?

Thousands of innocents being brutally tortured by soldiers?

An enemy pleading for help, emaciated due to poverty, bloody, disabled and seriously wounded, before being shot by your comrade to end their suffering?

I haven’t been in war, but I can definitely sympathize for those horrid things done during a time of separation.

1 Like

I was too young to go to war
but I had been staying in town the whole time

picture from the army

all of us who have been through this have some form of PTSD

don’t let me become theme - let’s move on to brighter things :slight_smile:

3 Likes