10000 forum users celebration - special event

Hi OxyDac, seein ya after a long time, How are you doin?

same lol, kinda stressin out with a few exams

3 Likes

Here is one item I have as a keepsake
I should polish it so it is golden in color… the patina has caught on over time.

203 mm (8 inches) heavy artillery - shell case

this is what it should look like until it is fired

3 Likes

your catto is really cute,and I still remember you trying to vacuum the cat lol

2 Likes

@Oxy are you continuously monitoring Cloudflare to not let me access your website?

2 Likes

if JS is disabled in the browser, then they will not pass the antibot protection on free hosting.

eg the ?i=1 challenge .

3 Likes

VPN and TOR is blocked - you can come but not be “anonymous”

Nothing personal - but the last few months I have a lot of unwanted traffic and scans
so I block everything that is not residential IPs

IPs in general are classified as datacenter or residential. That data is linked to the IP itself when it is registered to whoever bought it.
Datacenter IPs, as per the name, are used in datacenters and a lot of the time, that means it’s used for some online operations of a business.

Residential IPs on the other hand are used primarily by residential ISPs for their customers at home. Think Verizon, AT&T, Bell, Rogers, etc.

When a website looks at an IP, it will heavily favor those classified as residential because there are assurances that come with that. It only belongs to a residential ISP, it’s not used by many, many people, and there is a very high chance that the traffic from them is harmless.

Compare that with a data center IP where anyone can rent a server and do anything on it. Datacenters are where most botting and scripting attacks come from and the chances that it’s just a normal person browsing the web from a data center IP is very low.

Residential IPs are much more valuable. They are, after all, reserved for people in their residences. As such, they are almost never blocked by websites, they get around captchas, they don’t trigger security alerts, etc.

3 Likes

I employ Cloudflare on my website, and non-JS users can still visit.

Vaguely

3 Likes

so be it, however CF is very moderate on its blocking to save false positives, its your choice and something we allowed.

We internally are now using a herd defined blocklist of bad actor ip addresses on free and premo hosting ( free took the update today) which includes over 800K ip addreses that have been ‘naughty’ over the network, if you allow cloudflare to proxy them though that is up to you.

all the best as usual, enjoy the hosting !!!

4 Likes

I have added many page and firewall rules to make up for it, and keep adding additional ones as bad actors attempt to breach my site.

That’s awesome!

your welcome ! were here to provide a service, sometimes everything doesn’t go to plan however that life !!

3 Likes

the classification of ranges comes from in the EU from the RIPE foundation

`

3 Likes

since the rules were added load averages have dropped over 50% happy days !!!

5 Likes

@ifastnet

Hi - glad to see you in this topic :slight_smile:

I am curious and I have a question about whether you have changed anything ?
because after a few years from yesterday I no longer get error 508
on my website where I have one game.
From now on it loads at lightning speed and without problems

A few of my posts are on this topic Error 508 for assets

2 Likes

enjoy !!

1 Like

thx :slight_smile:

Free Hosting limits have been DOUBLED - #12 by lovebug might explain it

3 Likes

Where is the InfinityFree cake?

2 vids :slight_smile:

1. https://twitter.com/GeeDawg55975157/status/1515020546433507338?s=20&t=HmC1wmhEW2JBvwo1Th4n1Q

2. https://twitter.com/MarxNetwork/status/1515306806343577601?s=20&t=WNeLjV_YVPS3uhgMlV5knw

1 Like

?

Yeah, I assumed it might be a missing object file or something. Weird, though. I tried debugging and it didn’t end well. Now I’m getting into C all because of one thing like this (for the better, though).

Barely studied for my stats exam and aced it. Don’t know what ya worried about.

Oh wait, stats ez XD