10000 forum users celebration - special event

Screenshot 2022-09-09 190729

Screenshot 2022-09-09 190759

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/

4 Likes

Google told me that I have a video with very low user retention.

Wonder why…

Just goes to show that people don’t like bad news

5 Likes

Quick question to whoever sees this. (More directed towards Greenreader9, KangJL, wackieblackie as they are the most active)

When you joined the forum, why did you decide to stay and help users out in the forum?

I will go first.

I joined the forum when the online FTP wasn’t working and asked why and how to fix it. Of course, I only was causing clutter to the forum. A couple of months later, I came back but decided to help users with the problems they may encounter while using this service. I find helping people out in these forums fun and entertaining, and will most likely keep helping people for the years to come.

So what’s your reason?

6 Likes

Agree. I first started posting as my hosting account was not re-activated after 24hr suspension.
Most of the members of this forum are helpful. By helping on the forum, you are also discovering more features provided by IF.

It started with free SSL for custom domains. Then free SSL for free subdomains as well. The free SSL tool went through few reiterations of improvements to increase the reliability. Finally self-signed cert was available. Together with Cloudflare, renewing SSL cert every 3 months became a thing of the past.

Will there be more free features to come? I do not know but I will certainly hope so!!!

7 Likes

Well I first came here to report a 403 error on a website that I was building for a family member who wanted things done her way (You know the type of person I am talking about). So of course it has to be under her email, but I posted on the forum using mine (And I had 3 accounts at that point, I think you can see where this is going). So my very first encounter with Admin was him threatening to bad me because I violated the Terms And Conditions (I didn’t, I just forgot to mention that very important detail).

Anyway, that didn’t even answer the question. Before I came here I was a regular in a different, now-dead support forum for a company that really needs to re-evaluate their priorities. I liked it, and some of the other regulars (Who now only visit about twice a year), grew to be friends, as much as an unknown person behind a screen can be anyways. So since I was interested in websites (And did not know the different between URL/URI/URN), and I kind of liked helping people out by typing, I figured I would come back and attempt to do the same here. Apparently, after many failed attempts, I was successful.

Hope that story was everything you thought it would be :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I joined in May 2021 when my SSL wasn’t working. I thought it was a system issue, but it was only the slow ssl of Free Hosting (this topic here).
I really have no idea why I stayed, I guess I just liked helping people with different issues, etc. Although, it was like 2-3 months before I started figuring out the rules, what worked/didn’t, etc. I was learning quite a few things, and lots of quick little .htaccess cheats (that I now forgot because I use Nginx). I guess I just stayed 'cause I liked it :smiley:

5 Likes

4 Likes

New InfinityFree Feature
Protected Directories

That feature has been out for days now.

1 Like

Hello,
What is the new InfinityFree feature

Most likely password protects folders on your website.

2 Likes

A re-creation of the directory privacy tool from the control panel.

4 Likes

Thanks, it worked!

2 Likes

thanks

So, will vPanel be useless in a few years/months and everything will go to IF panel?

1 Like

No. Some things, like databases, will not be able to be migrated without either (A), a decent bit of developing, or (B), and infrastructure change on iFastNets side.

6 Likes

Correct. The implementation in the control panel is a bit… rough, so I thought I could do a better job.

I’m interested to hear all your thoughts!

That’s the dream! It will most likely be years, not months, before that could become reality because there is a lot to do to just migrate the features, and then to make it work stable and reliably.

The recent automation in the SSL certificate process proves that it’s not impossible. But yeah, it’s a lot of work.

5 Likes

@Admin I get a duplicate code every time

if the directory is deleted manually, it is not possible to delete it from here

via this red button

if someone creates a directory with space error 500 occurs (there will be such users :smile: )

5 Likes

Ha!
Glad to see that I am not the only one who makes mistakes like that (If you are following me closely you will know what I mean by this)

6 Likes

You think you’re thorough, but then you give it to someone else and they find new ways to break it you never thought about.

The duplicate code thing is my bad though. The client area checks and replaces the current code, which works well except when the .htaccess file only contains the directory protection code.

All fairly easy to fix though. Although properly escaping the paths is going to remain a challenge.

5 Likes