10000 forum users celebration - special event

What profile section? I don’t see a profile section! :joy:

Well, I for one am going to wait for the “where is the profile section? I can’t find it anymore, pls help!” messages. They may never arrive, but as long as one does I’ll feel vindicated :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Hahahaa when you have a silly avatar :stuck_out_tongue:
click the red square after the search icon (or img here)

Now I understand why you never changed your avatar - because you don’t even know how to get there.
You could have asked for help !

The red square (don’t confuse it with a terrorist state) doesn’t exist, don’t look for it
it is just a mark where the place you need to click should be located, approximately at which coordinates.

And don’t ask me what year it is again
every time you travel and Skynet sends you through time
I have to answer such questions

now you’re going to write that you know all that, you’re just kidding ??

@Steve2854 WB :slight_smile:

6 Likes

the terrorist state is gone? hooray!

we both know that we’re both kidding, but you referenced Skynet… you know the rules and so do I

3 Likes

awwww here’s one for you too

2 Likes

Just renewed/installed an expired SSL cert and key using the automatic install function, came by to post that it went great, no problems or issues :grinning: Hi @Oxy I do still come around, just not as often as I used to.

5 Likes

so I guess we will see you again in 3 months?
or you will surprise us for Valentine’s Day ? :joy:

4 Likes

You better not touch it !

emulation of the mobile device through the browser and I get this

Screenshot 2023-01-12 231240

1b

5 Likes

My take on the new Discourse version: I like the new design and stuff, but it’s hard to get used to not having the hamburger menu beside your profile icon.

5 Likes

No, that’s not intentional. And none of those things are configurable it seems. I don’t like how it works either.

Again, not configurable.

But I’d say that this is fixing a bug, not creating one. The <del> element is to show text is deleted. So it marking text as striked through is perfectly acceptable behavior, and even seems to be in line with HTML spec: <del>: The Deleted Text element - HTML: HyperText Markup Language | MDN

The right way to emphasize text is to make it bold or cursive. If you prefer the background effect, you can also use <ins> to emphasize like this. But again, no what the element is intended for, so no guarantee it will stay the same.

Ironically, I think the current design is more desktop friendly. After all, there is plenty of screen space, so no need to hide the buttons behind another button and not have the buttons accessible all the time.

6 Likes

ok thanks - I have to edit a few of my tutorials on the forum now
where I had a red <del :smiling_face_with_tear:

I really liked that red background because it matches both skins

6 Likes

Hosting has some nasty problems
all my free subdomains are not working

but NS returns IP properly
and the IP is not down
but they don’t work

in some cases I see strange results for other people’s domains under NS

7 Likes

You know it’s a good day when Deco*27 and Inabakumori both post.

1 Like

One of the nameserver IPs seems to be dead. iFastNet is working on it, and I’ve written and pinned an announcement about it too.

6 Likes

I hope it’s not a DDoS on the NS IP

If we follow the events of the last 2 months it reminded me of this (for now the graph is true)

Summary
5 Likes

Wow, that’s serious!!!

3 Likes

If I remember correctly, they use protection from that through OVH.

everything seems to be OK now

2 Likes

I haven’t been told what the cause is, but given that two website IPs are under attack right now, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a DDoS attack.

They did have a nameserver server at OVH, but that one went up in smoke along with the rest of the datacenter a few years ago. After that, no new server was setup with OVH.

All nameserver IPs are provided by BuyVM right now.

Things seem pretty stable for the last few hours, indeed. But the issues seem to be a bit intermittent, so I don’t want to call it “fixed” too soon.

6 Likes

Wow means the DDoS botmaster is a strategic genius
he first burns down the data center
so that he could “deliver packages” more easily in the future :joy:

hmm…it doesn’t seem expensive

I found one page that doesn’t work for me
https://community-georgios.great-site.net/
although the user says it works for him.

7 Likes

Wow, yeah, that’s cheap.

The nameservers use some kind of Anycast infrastructure, which BuyVM seems to offer as an out of the box service: BuyVM - Anycast VPS

So basically you can just spin up 3 VPS for as little as 3x$20 per year, get free Anycast and a DDoS protected IP for $5 per month and you’ll have your highly available nameserver infrastructure.

5 Likes

New song!

It actually started a few days after I posted my other song, but I put it on the backburner because I was making a video for my cousin (ATS crash compilation lol).

I felt oh so severely depressed last night, so to keep myself busy, I finished it up.

I’m quite proud of the second drop, as I have had a hard time making something so nitty and bubbly.

Any tips, @Oxy ?(I know the silence in the second drop when having the synth play is a bit too unexpected)

BTW, it’s 4 minutes long. Yaaay! Can’t believe I could make something that long, even though I know a lot of it has slow buildups

3 Likes