10000 forum users celebration - special event

At first I thought my cell phone was vibrating because of that background sound you inserted :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

0:41 you should have continued a bit more with that growling bass ( wobble )
because you cut it off (stopped it) in the wrong place
it should be continued a little longer to be as long as its bars before
so it melody goes up and then you stop it or end it with the bottom sequence (note).
so choose full up or down seq (not stop somewhere in between)

1:13 this riser/uplifter goes and goes and then just stops and nothing happens
1:28 here you need to start with a fat kick drum

what’s missing is that fat kick drum and to finally get into the rhythm
you can’t lift endlessly without getting into a rhythm
two or three times if you deceive the listener and after that, they will not pay attention to your song :upside_down_face:

The kicks drum should be stronger (more expressive and in the center)
these risings/uplifters you have at the beginning have deep tones (as they grow in freq) and they sound much louder than that kick
so you don’t have the feeling that the kick is pumping because it is quiet in relation to other elements

Some frequencies the human ear hears louder (similar to how the stronger we see the color red)
so don’t be guided only by the volume knob
 especially when you have uplifter “tone” that goes from 300hz to approx 15,000hz and whose volume changes depending on the current freq.

otherwise better than the first one because this one somewhat has a story

6 Likes

Ah, ok.

Also, I found a new toy :slight_smile:

It’s free!

Compare to this, which is also free (and what I have been using up until now):

(2 windows out of however many there are I can’t count them all lol)

3 Likes

Much cleaner interface!

But the real question is, does it work better, is it faster?

5 Likes

It is going to take some time to learn, but overall, I think it works better with LMMS (and while there are differences and limitations, it’s just like learning a different programming language. There are different ways you have to get around the “barriers” to achieve the same or similar result).

2 Likes

how many of you wanted to write here
That’s because your address starts with “slow”
you need to rename it to “fast” ?? :joy:

7 Likes

I wanted to say “well at least it fits the name” :joy:

6 Likes

see what kind of “plugin” they have :smile:

:joy:

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/flavioschneide/status/1615323264372326400

I bet you’ve seen this already, but still
 it’s awesome!

(Bland, but still awesome
 in the sense that AI can actually do this)

2 Likes

Screenshot 2023-01-19 211023

omg wtf :smile:

6 Likes

I love how in the pearl harbor image, they had to draw the line over the water, not over land

And my frustrations for the past 45 minutes over why my code is not working can be resulted to one thing:

I misspelled the word earth 12 times. (I spelled it eath)

Weirdest thing is that I did not copy-paste. I quite literally typed it each time, and spelled it wrong each time.

:sigh:

6 Likes

Here’s the answer:

There are only two things not made with vital here (nor were made by me), the higher pitched metallic sounds before the drop, and the low kick. The rest were made solely by me (one I followed a tutorial on and then tweaked and tweaked further by making it into a slightly different sounding instrument). Hey, progress! I might perfect things later.

@Oxy, how did I do?

I didn’t sidechain yet as I didn’t know whether or not I want the kicks to stand out (maybe I’ll try it and see the difference)

Poll time, though!

Should I turn this into a new song?

Make the drop a full song?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
5 Likes

You should totally make a full song!

5 Likes

Don’t even ask me what I think - because my opinion doesn’t matter
otherwise, when I answer you, I try to be more from the technical side than from the artistic side, so that anything I write would not have an impact on you.

Imagine if Salvador DalĂ­ asked someone what they thought about this

everyone would say: "it’s disgusting what kind of drugs you use? painting is not for you."

So try to create a song for yourself, who knows, maybe you’ll discover your own style, and maybe even become popular, of course, some time needs to pass until you get certain knowledge and that your songs have a head, a body, and a tail.

it usually happens to me to make 5 experimental songs
where I actually play and try something new
and after 5 of them comes a serious one where I actually use everything I learned in those 5 experimental ones.

When you don’t have inspiration, you try various effects and things you’ve never tried.

When you have inspiration, the most important thing is to make a skeleton as soon as possible and convey the main idea, because after 24 hours or 5 days, your biorhythm changes (and also your psyche along with it) and the original idea is no longer like that, but something completely different.

Sometimes you can take the best parts of all your songs and make one good one.

Mainly try to have fun in everything you do rather than trying to meet someone’s expectations.

Be yourself!

6 Likes

Yeah, I am always wondering if the artists out there either experiment with notes, or get a melody in their head and write it down (maybe a little bit of both. I guess they don’t just come up with music already but rather place random things down, pick out a melody and go with it sometimes).

As for your opinion, I was wondering more from the technical side of what you think.

Personally, I feel that it’s a bit muddy (I’ve heard that you want to have one or two cover the lows, one or two with the mids and the same with the highs
 although sometimes I feel that it isn’t necessary), but I want it to sort of feel that way. I just sidechained the main lead a bit today and I think it is a bit better when I do that. I’m really wanting to make some nitty gritty fast dubstep (and riddim), and I’ve been inspired by artists like Jorei and Kotori lately, along with some other better-known people like Ace Aura, and others that deal more with the D&B side of things.

5 Likes

The most common is the use of LSD or some other drug
most extra big hits were created that way

precisely because your consciousness has been altered
and no longer have that funnel or bottleneck (bus) through which your ideas pass and the critical part of the brain validates them.

so there is no more “I won’t play this because the audience won’t like it”
also, there is no more use of the rules you have collected throughout life

but let’s say totally crazy connections of synapses that then generate something unique

because our critical part of the brain is most often a wall for a lot of things

this is not a text that glorifies drugs, nor am I saying that they should be used, but I am just being realistic and I know how most of the hits were created. I mean revolutionary hits
not a hit that lasts 5 days on the top charts and after that, no one remembers it.

isolation from others can also help
as well as meditating
so there is no media, internet, nothing
just you and the project.

These present-day “musicians/bands/persons/” are in most cases just mannequins
because someone else writes the lyrics and notes for them or buys the complete song from others
and they just perform them and the audience thinks they are geniuses, and in the background of all this is the whole industry as well as music record companies that use servers and bots
just to fake likes and stuff, and when people see that a song has millions of views and likes, they start to think that the song is of good quality and they start shopping and so on

same as when some mobile phone has a price of 5,000
and you can get the same one with that spec for 2k, only a different manufacturer (brand name),
but people automatically think that the 5k one is better.

Nowadays in music (as far as I have noticed) recycling is fashionable
because most people are not musically savvy and when you cover a song from the 60s - 80s
everyone thinks it’s yours.

or when someone signs a contract with a record company
then all other works by other musicians who have a contract with that company are available to them
so it’s easier for them to cover an old hit or take parts of someone’s song without fear of copyright.

We live in a false world with an artificially created reality with false values and so on.

5 Likes

For me, sometimes the notes come when I sleep (or am sleepy, or in a more relaxed state like in the shower).

I guess I should take music theory though, it will help me to translate the thoughts in my head to the notes on the piano roll

5 Likes

I just spent 1 hour, 12 minutes, and 23 seconds (At lest according to the error logs) trying to fix an error.

Want to know what the solution was?

Replace

CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS =>'{"key":'.$data.'}"',

with

CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS =>'{"key":"'.$data.'"}"',

That was freaking annoying once I figured it out.

I now have a reason to hate JSON

5 Likes

Speaking of annoying

@Oxy I hope FL Studio doesn’t have this problem when loading plugins (it’s loading the entire interface even when I’m not using it)
 because if it doesn’t then I am getting it (I was thinking of getting it for a while now
 definitely getting closer to that point where LMMS won’t cut it).

Speaking of the song, though

I’m tryin guys, I’m tryin

(right before the 2nd drop, after the original sample I showed you guys a few days back)

ah, I wish I had gotten into music making earlier.

I think I’ve had LMMS downloaded for about a year now. If I had started back then

although I wouldn’t have been inspired to make music similar to other artists I absolutely love now.

BTW, while you’re waiting for my song to complete, here’s one from DECO:

4 Likes

It’s normal - probably some bridge interface
I guess DAW is 64 bit
and you use VST plugins that are 32-bit, so everything goes through that DAW bridge interface so that it can be used on a 64-bit DAW.

If you use 64-bit VST, I don’t think there would be any
unless the DAW is designed to run each plugin in a separate subprocess
for stability and resource allocation.

stability
it’s much worse if the DAW doesn’t have backup and autosave every now and then
so if your project crashes because of a stuck plugin, then you have to “start all over”

in FL studio I see the bridge interface only when I call an old plugin that does not have a 64bit option (dll)

but as I said - it doesn’t matter and I don’t know why it annoys you
will you see one large process of 5GB or 10 smaller ones of 500MB each
you get the same.

The only problem I see here is if the DAW doesn’t kill the process
automatically when you don’t use it and it hangs and doesn’t release sys resources.

5 Likes

Someone just DDoSed the TinkerTechLab with over 1.2M requests, and Cloudflare decided to allow quite a few of them.

Thankfully I was only suspended for the hits limit and not permanently, so TTL has It’s maintenance page up for the next 23 hours (Thanks Oxy for that tip!)

EDIT:
Looks like the attack is still going on. The number just jumped to 1.6M

7 Likes