403 error when accessing wp-admin

Hello guys.
I was trying to move my .cf site to a .com domain. Apparently there is no way to just replace the old domain, so I moved my entire site folder to the new domain document root folder as people suggested in other posts.
I also followed a tutorial on how to update the wpgs_options fields using phpmy admin and how to define the new domain in wp.config file.
Now it seems that I also need to do something else in the wp dashboard, but when I try to access de wp-admin page I get this message.

403 Forbidden
Server or website configuration is blocking you from viewing this page
If you just came across this page, please carry on. If you are the website owner, please check the resources below.

Check the Knowledge Base article
Find more information about what this error means and how you might fix it.

Ask on the Forum
Maybe someone on our Community Forum can help you figure out this issue.
Proudly powered by
InfinityFree

I tried a few solutions like changing folder permissions to 755 and file permissions to 644, removing .htaccess file… Nothing worked for me.

My new domain is walterperdomo.com, and it seems to be working fine, the problem comes when I try to access walterperdomo.com/wp-admin/

I probably did something stupid while moving the gdocs folder from the root directory to walterperdomo.com/, I really need some help here.
Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome to the forum

you changed something by editing
and now it contains several addresses in one

you can (temporarily or not) use this address http://walterperdomo.com/wp-login.php

I hope there is no additional redirection after you log in.

6 Likes

Oh, yes. It worked for a moment.
I was able to login in, and update the permalink structure as suggested in the tutorial I was following to change the domain but I think my site is now just broken.
After saving all changes on the dashboard, I started to get this message

500 Error, please check your php script / enable display_errors in your cpanel

It seems that this is not gonna be easy… so I was wondering if I could just create a new hosting account using my new domain as the default, and just restore all the content by replacing the required folders like wp-content, and the data base.
I have a few backups of my site, including the one I did before starting to mess around with the domain changing thing.

1 Like

You can do this first (because maybe it’s just a syntax error somewhere )

Of course - since you have backups then you can do whatever you want.
P.S. edit wp-config.php if necessary !

6 Likes

Thanks a lot for all the given help.
In the end, I decided to just create another hosting account with the new domain. I noticed that my site was auto updated to wordpress 6.0, so maybe some of the problems I was facing were caused because of some incompatibility.

I’m now back to wordpress 5.9.2 and I had no problems after I moved the site to the new hosting account with the new domain.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback and good luck in your further work :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.