403 Error

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

epiz_28239211

Error Message

403 Forbidden

The website’s configuration prevents you from accessing this page.

Other Information

In my .htaccess file, I have added Options +Indexes, so I can have directory listing enabled on my website. When I visit my website just by using the domain name, it shows the directory listing, but as soon as I click a subfolder, it gives me a 403 error. I even tried navigating to the folder by directly linking to it in the URL. Can anyone help?
This is my .htaccess file located in my /htdocs folder:
Options +Indexes RewriteEngine On RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteRule ^([^\.]+)$ $1.html [NC,L]

by the way, the forum displayed the way i pasted my htaccess file contents in incorrectly, so it is all laid out correctly normally

Hello , Directory Listing is Enabled by Default so you no need to add But Make sure the htdocs chmod is 750

Also i Guess you are trying to remove the .html Extension from being visible here is the .htaccess Code

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^([^\.]+)$ $1.html [NC,L]

how do i change the chmod?

Open the Filemanager > Right click on htdocs > CHMOD > Type 755 > Click Ok.

it’s already at 755

May i know your domain name?

hudsonknott.ml

Directory listing is already enabled tho.

but when i click a subfolder it gives 403

Is there any .htaccess inside that subfolder?

no. would i need to add one for every subdirectory? i thought htaccess affected all subfolders and files

No you don’t need to add for every folder but your Main Htaccess does not have config for 403. Can you rightclick on that subfolder and check the chmod?

every folder and subfolder is set to 755

If you don’t mind may i know what’s there in that folder?

just a test folder with nothing in it

so you have htaccess inside htdocs right?

yes. that’s the one i pasted the contents of

try removing it.

ok, although it won’t let me edit the htaccess at the root (just saying)