403 Error

wait , Can you paste a Screenshot of The htdocs folder here.

Yeah, it think @anon12237952 is right. If the .htaccess file your trying to edit has the “DO NOT EDIT” text on top, well you can’t edit it! You will need to create a new .htaccess file in the /htdocs directory of your site and remove the text you added from the old one.
Thanks!

3 Likes

I managed to fix it by adding a htaccess file with indexing enabled to every subfolder. Not sure why it worked but thanks for all your help :slight_smile:

Nevermind, the issue has come back :sweat_smile:

Ok, can you do the following?

1. Login to the FTP client you are using
  2. Take a screenshot of ALL directories on the website
  3. Take a screenshot of ALL the .htaccess files on the website.
    Thanks!

htaccess in htdocs image
htaccess in test1 image

1 Like

as i cant modify the htaccess at the root i wont include it

1 Like

Hold on…
I think “Options +Indexes” REMOVES the directory listing on InfinityFree and redirects you to a 403 error because Infinity has directory listings enabled by default.

Remove the “Option +Indexes” line from ALL .htaccess files. Save them, clear your cache, and try again. Your site should show the directory listing.

it still shows the error :confused:

Likely .htaccess redirect issue

how would I fix this? I’m not very competent in these areas

Depend on contents of :-

1. .htaccess OR
  2. test1 folder

Pls show screenshot of both items

I dont have a htaccess in this folder as I was instructed to remove it for troubleshooting 403 Error - #28 by Greenreader9 (the only rule I had in it was Options +Indexes)

Can’t help you then. Gd luck!

Why don’t you delete ALL of the .htaccess files (besides the one you can’t edit) and see if that helps. I would make a backup before removing them though.

After deleting, wait about 5minutes, clear you cache, and see if that works. If it does, the issue is the .htaccess rule.

EDIT: IT WORKS!!! DON’T TOUCH IT!

Seems to be working fine!
2021.04.23_14h46m54s.wmv (387.8 KB)

yeah, it’s working fine now. last time it worked it broke again so I’ll keep the thread open just in case. thanks for everyone’s help so far :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.