403 Forbidden The website's configuration prevents you from accessing this page.

I have a download page: craftcadia.xyz/dl/ and when i click download, it says:

403 Forbidden

The website’s configuration prevents you from accessing this page.

In the html code, it directs you to a download link: http://craftcadia.xyz/dl/downloads/chatbukkit/get/0.0.1/chatbukkit-dev.jar

it should download your file directly. What do i do?

My first guess is that the .jar extension is blocked for security reasons. Can you try to package the jar in a zip file and see if you can download that?

@Admin said:
My first guess is that the .jar extension is blocked for security reasons. Can you try to package the jar in a zip file and see if you can download that?

It doesnt work :frowning:

@Admin And now when i updated the HTML to download the zip file in the FTP directory it doesnt update and still wants to download. In the code, when the button is clicked, it directs to the zip file and on the website, even though i deleted the old copy of the index.html and put the new html file in to download the zip file, it still directs to the jar file to download. WHY!

I’ve did a bit more testing with the issue, but it looks like sharing .jar files is blocked completely. I’m going to have to ask you to move the downloadable files to a specialized file sharing service (like Mediafire) and link to it from your website.