421 3900 users (the maximum) are already logged in, sorry (and file manager issues)

For a few days now, it appears that there are capacity issues on the FTP servers again. When trying to login to the FTP server, you’ll see an error like:

421 3900 users (the maximum) are already logged in, sorry

The file manager, which also relies on FTP, is also unable to connect. You may see error like “Could not read line from socket” or simply be redirected back to a login screen.

We’re aware of the issue and we’re investigating it.

9 Likes

You are lucky, I can’t even ping the servers.

Ugh

Ok, thank you so much infinityfree admins! This issue has been bugging me for the last 2 months or so.

This issue still persist. Trying to access since last 2 hrs. Please fix ASAP

It will be up in a few hours (Well, let’s at least hope!)

Plus there are frequent failures in file transfer

1 Like

It is UP everybody!

Download your files immediately everyone!

@Adamsin Nobody can ping the servers, because our servers block ping requests by default. Fortunately, servers don’t need to be pingable to handle FTP traffic.

@anirudhvprabhu Yes, the issue still persists. Hence the system issue notice. The annoying part is that this issue only seems to occur sometimes, but not all the time. I think it started last Sunday, and there are brief windows where this is an issue.

Also, there are no indications that any files are getting lost. And the last thing we need right now is everyone trying to connect to FTP to backup all their files, because FTP server capacity is the key issue here.

10 Likes

The file transfer itself is failing

2 Likes

Any update on this, its been for weeks now and we still cant get a fix

1 Like

Thanks by the way is that causing slow upload speeds? Or is that on my end because it took 5 mins too upload 665b

Same

Yeah it took 5 mins to upload 665b im guessing admins are working hard tho so it should work soon i hope :frowning:

Hi @Rfgdsans1

I noticed this problem two days ago when uploading…

but as far as I feel… the problem was not speed,
actually the FTP server cannot report back to my FTP client that the file has been uploaded
and it stuck at 99% for a long time until it succeeds.

A much better situation is if I use plain FTP instead of encrypted communication.

3 Likes

These errors with the ftp have been going on for days. I am guessing too many people are now using the ftp, perhaps more users than usual. Or is this an ifast problem?

I’m not upload any files, just editing.

Ill try but im guessing itll be fixed soon

1 Like

We had a fix which looked good for a few days, and then new problems were starting to arise. We’re having trouble getting grip on this issue, which is why it’s taking so long. I don’t know whether this is actually the same issue or another issue with the same symptoms.

As far as I can tell, this is a load issue on the storage cluster, which could also explain the poor transfer space when you are able to connect to the servers.

This issue is hard to detect, debug and fix, which is why it’s taking so long.

4 Likes