502 Bad Gateway After Attempting SSL Activation

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

epiz_25432877
jtstutoring.epizy.com
(please specify the website or account you are asking about)

Error Message

502 Bad Gateway nginx
(please share the FULL error message you see)

Other Information

The website has seemingly become unreachable after I tried activating a new SSL certificate, however, I had not tried to access it in over two weeks, so it is possible that the website has been unreachable since before I checked. The SSL certificate is currently pending and as I am waiting for CNAME validation from Namecheap. I was wondering what could be causing a 502 gateway. The only culprit that seemed plausible to me was my htaccess file which used to force the client to use https, but I removed that override and the error persists. Thanks for your help.

This is a known issue. Please read others topics before creating your own. Please be patient for a fix.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi, the reason I uploaded my own topic is because I looked at the other topics and was unable to resolve the issue with the information that I found in them. I am also not sure if this is an issue with the hosting service or something I could actively be troubleshooting, which I would like to know because this is slightly time-sensitive. I also could not find anybody asking about whether SSL activation would have something to do with the 502 error. I will be patient for a fix. Thank you

My domain is also showing error 502
I would like to ask you if you have hosted it in the last 72 hours
and if you have used the cloudflare service

I first uploaded the website last year if that is what you are asking. Also I have not used Cloudflare.

Then I don’t think so that there is anything wrong on your end. Lets Just wait for a fix

If you have a static site, you can temporary host it on Cloudflare pages untill maintentance is finished.

Can u help me by telling how to do that?

Oh, okay just go to gihub.com. Create an acount, create a repository. Then go to cloudflare, click on pages (on the sidebar), then connect github and choose that repository you created. Wait a few minutes, done. The only probleam is that it ONLY WORKS ON STATIC PAGES.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.