A Comodo SSL Intermediate Certificate problem

My website URL is:
online-m8.ml

What I’m seeing is:
It appears this certificate is in pem format / requires intermediates to function, this is not supported on free hosting.

I’m using this software:
n/a

Additional information:
My research was found here:
(COMODO SSL Intermediate Certificates - #3 by neojames)

I read this from somebody who was having the same issue, so I posted it here for you to clearly understand my troubles and the suggestion an Admin made which does not work.

In the “certificate” box you should not just enter your certificate, you should also include the intermediary and CA certificates you received from Comodo. When your SSL certificate was issued, you should have received an e-mail with a zip file attached which contains the certificates.

You’ll want to create a single text file containing all the certificates in the order:

1. Your domain certificate.
  2. COMODORSADomainValidationSecureServerCA.crt
  3. COMODORSAAddTrustCA.crt
  4. AddTrustExternalCARoot.crt

Each of these files should be copied in exactly as is (including the BEGIN CERTIFICATE and END CERTIFICATE lines). So the file should look like

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- 
first certificate
-----END CERTIFICATE----- 
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- 
second certificate certificate
-----END CERTIFICATE----- 

Then, paste the result of combining all these certificates into the Certificate box.

I followed all the suggestions with no positive results, only the same error. So it appears I need to forward you my certificate files (and the private key, domain name, and account username) to remedy this puzzle. I would really like to make a YouTube video about the procedure so you won’t be bombarded with this same question. Can you please provide a contact method to forward you the above mentioned? And, please check your spam folder…haha

Kindly,
Tim

Intermediary certificates (also called CA Chains) are not supported on free hosting. Fortunately, most browsers accept certificates from common certificates just fine, even if they don’t have the CA chain.

If you upload only the single domain certificate (the first one in the list), it should allow you to install the certificate, which should also work for most visitors.

I uploaded the one certificate and that did not work, so I followed all the suggestions from the post i found and still nothing happens…its hhtp not https.

Normally, if you only install the SSL certificate then, indeed, nothing happens. You actually need to configure your website so it uses HTTPS instead of HTTP, because simply changing the SSL certificate can’t do that automatically.

Here are some things you could do:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.