A Full Guide To Cloudflare

if me change setting to flexible, my domain redirecting to suspended.org

Please create a new topic, giving as much detail as you can. We can only help you if you provide detail.

3 Likes

Guide has been updated with images reflecting Cloudflare’s UI change!

4 Likes

It doesn’t exist anymore.

3 Likes

Fixed, thanks!

3 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: How to setup website with Cloudflare

A post was split to a new topic: Too many redirects - Cloudflare

Video Tutorial has been added. Note that if you are following the text tutorial, steps 6-8 are now done automatically by Cloudflare.

3 Likes

Hey guys, I have a doubt. So if I change the nameservers to Cloudflare, what about my site data and everything on Inifityfree? I mean if I want to edit my site and update it, I still have to goto infinity free and update the HTML files or since I have changed the DNS, I need to shift my files to Cloudfare??

how does this work?

No, your domain should be just pointing to infinityfree server IP. No need to move files, since cloudflare doesn’t offer such a service.

1 Like

It will stay on InfinityFree.

You are correct in the thought that InfinityFree will no longer be able to serve your website if you change nameservers, but that is why you add the A records. Adding the A records pointing to your InfinityFree IP address will allow your domain to still be hosted with InfinityFree.

3 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Setting Nameservers on CloudFlare Registrar

Cloudflare is a DNS provide and CDN (content delivery network). You still need to use infinityfree to store your site, Cloudflare just acts as a middle man that delivers your site to many different servers around the world (to speed up site) and secures your site (by adding SSL and a layer or firewall).

2 Likes

Really Simple SSL

If you don’t want to install another plugin, you can just change the URL in Settings < General from http to https, Cloudflare does everything else

In my experience, that’s not necessarily true.

WordPress by default doesn’t work well if you use Flexible SSL. By default, WordPress will just check to see if the connection to the server uses HTTPS, and if not, will redirect you to HTTPS. But with Flexible SSL, only the connection between your visitor and Cloudflare uses encryption, the connection between Cloudflare and your hosting account will not. And so WordPress won’t recognize Flexible SSL connections as using HTTPS, which will cause a redirect loop for visitors.

Really Simple SSL fixes this by overriding the WordPress logic and checking whether Cloudflare Flexible SSL is in use.

If you use Full SSL, then WordPress’ own detection will work as intended, and you can skip the plugin.

9 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Cloudflare don’t have an option for modify nameservers

4 posts were split to a new topic: CloudFlare Registrar

First I need to install self signed ssl?
Cloudfare will have to login then? But in Cloudfare, the name server also has to be changed? , Do you have any tutorial video for this? i m having confusion in the steps…Do u have any tutorial for this ?

Read the guide here

No, you don’t need to, but you can. As it says in the article:

Yes, that’s what it says right above that.

No, you can’t change nameservers in Cloudflare. You have to update your domain’s nameservers at the place where you registered your domain name, and change the settings to point it to Cloudflare.

Yes, it’s at the bottom of the article.

You’re looking at it!

5 Likes