About Other Discussions

Hello,
I just had a question I wanted to share with you.
I thought that when it said “Other Discussions”, it wouldn’t be for support-related themes.
However, when I go to this category, most of the discussions are support-related.
Haven’t I understodd something correctly?
What exactly is other discussions for?
And, last but not least, is website presentation allowed in InfinityFree Forums?

@ChrisPAR said:

And, last but not least, is website presentation
allowed in InfinityFree Forums?

Most forum regulation allow their users to share their knowledge, thought and opinion which related to the topic discussed at the time. It can be in many form, include using your site as ‘medium’ to share.

But it is with no intention of harming the community, self-promoting, and any other limitation that mentioned in ToS and Policy.

Again, it’s best to look back at the site’s regulation. You may find your answer there.

EDIT : It’s common that people were not aware of both categories. So none to blame.

The original intention was to contain support questions in the Support Forums category and miscellaneous chat, comments, requests, questions and so on in the Other Discussions.

But clearly many people have a different interpretation of what “support” means and ask questions in Other Discussions which I would undoubtedly consider support questions.

And then there are the people who just post their question in both forums, expecting that asking the same question over and over again through the same medium means it will get solved faster. Yes, I don’t understand either why people would do something silly like that. Especially given that the first page you see on the forum is a list of all categories mixed into one overview.

Mixing all the posts into one feed hasn’t helped keeping the separation clear. I definitely haven’t been policing it.

@Joo_Nath said:
EDIT : It’s common that people were not aware of both categories. So none to blame.

The first field in the New Discussion form is the Category dropdown (unless you are in a category view already). There is a list of Categories in the sidebar. If you ever created a discussion, you must have known about it.