About the Terms of the Forum

Hello,
I wanted to ask something about the terms of the forum.
I have a domain which purpose is to act as a Bitly shorting domain, and when I would post links I would like to use it.
However, if someone accesses the root domain, lets say your.dom, it redirects him to my hosting company.
The question is, am I allowed to use this domain not as a root domain but as to have shorting links (your.dom/short), or not?

Signatures are intentionally disabled and you want to bypass it :slight_smile:

i would like to add
to be puted in the rules and especially emphasized
that any expression/posts based on national, religious and any other basis will not be tolerated

@OxyDac said:
Signatures are intentionally disabled and you want to bypass it :slight_smile:
What? Now I am confused more!!!
What do you mean? I am just asking for my bitly branded domain!
i would like to add
to be puted in the rules and especially emphasized
that any expression/posts based on national, religious and any other basis will not be tolerated
WHAT???
Okay, that has nothing to do with my questions.

ok I thought you wanted to put a link to your page after each post

I think hiding the real url violates rules 6.4 and 6.14

@OxyDac said:
ok I thought you wanted to put a link to your page after each post

I think hiding the real url violates rules 6.4 and 6.14

What I want to do is not hiding it, just shorting it like you would do with bit.ly, for the url not to be myowndomainwithinfinityfree.net/infinityfree/freeservices/servicesfortheworld/thebestfreehostingintheworld.php but to be examp.le/infinityfree

I understand it but in such a way someone else
can also put a link to a malicious page and hide it from the filter system

manipulation with URL is prohibited like this

this is google… go and click www.google.com

if an individual is allowed to do so then others will follow your example
here is not about you personally but about all possible users

I can use the service you mentioned in such a way that if you click
you automatically subscribed to my youtube channel and you do not even notice it

@OxyDac said:
I can use the service you mentioned in such a way that if you click
you automatically subscribed to my youtube channel and you do not even notice it
How can I do this? It would be great for my channel!
Just kidding you :lol:

I don’t see the point in using URL shorteners here to begin with. Forum posts don’t have a character limit, and links are made clickable by default so you don’t need to type them yourself. And I personally prefer it if I can see the URL I’m going to so I know what to expect, which you don’t get with a URL shortener.

Additionally, remember that forum posts are visible for years and make a great crowdsourced knowledge base. Linking to relevant articles on other websites can be good help as well. It would be a shame if Freenom decides to take away your free domain and point it to advertisements, but it would be more of a shame if that means that forum posts become irrelevant because your short URLs just stopped working (despite the article itself still being up).

If you prefer using URL shorteners for everything, that’s on you. But you’re not supposed to advertise for other companies here. So if you want to help people here, please just give them the link to the article, rather than a link to short.myfreehostingservice.ga which you can unilaterally change to funnel link juice to your website.

@Admin said:
I don’t see the point in using URL shorteners here to begin with. Forum posts don’t have a character limit, and links are made clickable by default so you don’t need to type them yourself. And I personally prefer it if I can see the URL I’m going to so I know what to expect, which you don’t get with a URL shortener.

Additionally, remember that forum posts are visible for years and make a great crowdsourced knowledge base. Linking to relevant articles on other websites can be good help as well. It would be a shame if Freenom decides to take away your free domain and point it to advertisements, but it would be more of a shame if that means that forum posts become irrelevant because your short URLs just stopped working (despite the article itself still being up).

If you prefer using URL shorteners for everything, that’s on you. But you’re not supposed to advertise for other companies here. So if you want to help people here, please just give them the link to the article, rather than a link to short.myfreehostingservice.ga which you can unilaterally change to funnel link juice to your website.

I wasn’t saying that, what I meant is to have a domain like grgf.cc (another example), that it is a shorting URL but when accessed by root itmredirects to moth.ga ( example).
I understand your point no matter what, and also my company would never be a threat to If, nobody seems to know it :lol:

I think I understand…

@ChrisPAR said:
Hello,
I have a domain which purpose is to act as a Bitly shorting domain, and when I would post links I would like to use it.
However, if someone accesses the root domain, lets say your.dom, it redirects him to my hosting company.
The question is, am I allowed to use this domain not as a root domain but as to have shorting links (your.dom/short), or not?

After reading these comments, I think I understand.
Essentially, I don’t see it as violating any Terms or Policies if you wish to run a website that offers sort URLs. That’s solely up to you and your business. But, let’s just say if you’re making like a Google of short URLs then include the Domain Titles like…

Google, Inc. - Google.com
http://shy.co/MhsDkE2

InfinityFree - InfinityFree.net
http://shy.co/TeoGoA6

Understand?

@Friendifie-Inc said:
I think I understand…

@ChrisPAR said:
Hello,

After reading these comments, I think I understand.
Essentially, I don’t see it as violating any Terms or Policies if you wish to run a website that offers sort URLs. That’s solely up to you and your business. But, let’s just say if you’re making like a Google of short URLs then include the Domain Titles like…

Google, Inc. - Google.com
http://shy.co/MhsDkE2

InfinityFree - InfinityFree.net
http://shy.co/TeoGoA6

Understand?

Yes, but as @Admin mentioned, it would be better not to have short URLs because you might say that this short URL redirects you to infinity free, when it also makes you automatically subscribe to a YouTube channel as @OxyDac mentioned.

@ChrisPAR said:
Yes, but as @Admin mentioned, it would be better not to have short URLs because you might say that this short URL redirects you to infinity free, when it also makes you automatically subscribe to a YouTube channel as @OxyDac mentioned.
Hm… That would be sneaky and odd. Yeah I wouldn’t condone that. But, a general genuine URL shortener would be fair. Don’t embed in redirects, they’re trusting you not to piggyback. Piggybacking is for crooks and spam.