About when to reply


#1

This discussion was created from comments split from: Cloudflare and manual dns management.


#2

@MrJunior said:
Eh, I guess you haven’t understood me, I mean I already have my own domain. And I want to create subdomains with cloudflare possibilities.

Sorry then, I thought you meant subdomain.epizy.com
Why do they (iFastnet/Byet) use the same term for 2 different things?
Epizy.com domain names should not be called subdomains, they create confusion as @Admin said!


#3

@MrJunior said:
Admin, alright, thank you.

Lol, thanks to Admin for helping you, I cannot understand as I said why is the same term used.
Glad your problem is solved now @MrJunior and sorry for not being able to help you/creating more confusion.


#4

@ChrisPAR said:

@MrJunior said:
Admin, alright, thank you.

Lol, thanks to Admin for helping you, I cannot understand as I said why is the same term used.
Glad your problem is solved now @MrJunior and sorry for not being able to help you/creating more confusion.

Me too


#5

Actually, I asked about IP manual management, if you wasn’t sure about what did I meant, why you started to that confused discussion if you could re-ask me for more details?


#6

@MrJunior said:
Actually, I asked about IP manual management, if you wasn’t sure about what did I meant, why you started to that confused discussion if you could re-ask me for more details?

If you want to find your IP then do at what Admin stated.
If you aren’t comfortable with DNS stuffs, then I think this is not for you.


#7

Thanks for giving me the kinda right answer again. Can this topic stop receiving answers, please?


#8

@MrJunior said:
Thanks for giving me the kinda right answer again. Can this topic stop receiving answers, please?

Admin will decide if he will close it to new answers or not, it’s not up to us.


#9

God damnit, I mean, can you stop posting obvious and pointless messages, at least here?


#10

@MrJunior said:
God damnit, I mean, can you stop posting obvious and pointless messages, at least here?

OK, it isn’t that I didn’t understand but OK. This is my last message.


#11

@MrJunior said:
God damnit, I mean, can you stop posting obvious and pointless messages, at least here?

This is a follow up answer.
You asked for a question so others will answer it obviously.
If you don’t want to receive more answers or comments then stop asking questions.


#12

@MrJunior referred to using Cloudflare manually and needing to know an IP address for that. Which rules out the Cloudflare control panel integration or not being able to add the domain to Cloudflare in the first place (because you would not be able to see any DNS controls to begin with). So you can deduce that @MrJunior was referring to a subdomain of an own domain which is already on Cloudflare’s nameservers.

So @ChrisPar and @UnknownLolz , if you want to help people, do actually read their messages. Don’t just pick out a few keywords and start to spout information which you think may be relevant.

@ChrisPAR said:
OK, it isn’t that I didn’t understand but OK. This is my last message.

Yes, we could all tell that you didn’t understand it. You also said that two times already.

The question was answered. You didn’t understand the question correctly, which could happen to anyone. But then why did you post four more messages here? Especially since all those messages are apologies, saying you don’t understand it, or irrelevant questions (create a new topic if you have questions)?

@UnknownLolz said:

@MrJunior said:
God damnit, I mean, can you stop posting obvious and pointless messages, at least here?

This is a follow up answer.
You asked for a question so others will answer it obviously.
If you don’t want to receive more answers or comments then stop asking questions.

Really? Are you so insistent on having the last word you can’t even take the hint when someone is explicitly asking you to stop? Also, does the concept of “rhetorical questions” ring a bell?

@ChrisPAR said:
Admin will decide if he will close it to new answers or not, it’s not up to us.

The forum does not have any functions to automatically close topics once they have been answered. It’s up to the reader to understand when a question has been answered and decide whether you have anything to add which is relevant to the question.

Examples of answers which don’t help anyone:

@ChrisPAR said:
sorry for not being able to help you/creating more confusion.

@UnknownLolz said:
Me too

If you’re not able to help, you’re not helping anyone by saying you’re not able to help.

Please remember that this is a forum, not an instant messaging system. Here you actually have the possibility to read back old messages, so you don’t need to say the same thing over and over again, especially in the same discussion.


#13

I couldn’t find his previous topic, and for the answers they were based only on the first message.
As for saying, we didn’t immediately say that we were not able to help, we tried and failed.
So it is not completely useless.


#14

Why even I can click on your profile and see all your created topic in “Discussions” section. You can’t find something If you’re not looking for that…
And even if you tried to answer, I’m not smart enough to know what TLD, gTLD and etc mean. That mean I haven’t exactly understood your answer. Is that a good answer?


#15

@MrJunior said:
Why even I can click on your profile and see all your created topic in “Discussions” section. You can’t find something If you’re not looking for that…
And even if you tried to answer, I’m not smart enough to know what TLD, gTLD and etc mean.

Do you really mean that you don’t know what TLDs are (there is no problem with that)?
If you don’t, TLD and gTLD are extensions for domains, like .com (I hope you really meant this and didn’t know, so that I won’t look so silly anymore). I was looking for that but at that specific time I didn’t have the time to look so much, sorry.

That mean I haven’t exactly understood your answer. Is that a good answer?
Also, you are asking if that is a good answer. If we don’t know that you don’t know about something, then why do you expect us to know everything? Why don’t you say that you didn’t understand something?

@Admin said:
The forum does not have any functions to automatically close topics once they have been answered. It’s up to the reader to understand when a question has been answered and decide whether you have anything to add which is relevant to the question.
I didn’t say that he forum has auto functions, I said that YOU could decide if it would be closed.
Just like you did on some of the Suspended Domain topics or old ones.

@Admin also said:
The question was answered. You didn’t understand the question correctly, which could happen to anyone. But then why did you post four more messages here? Especially since all those messages are apologies, saying you don’t understand it, or irrelevant questions (create a new topic if you have questions)?
Come on! This cannot be possible, I understand that my 4 apologies should not be posted but you should have implemented a function to delete them 6 mins after we created them, for goodness sake, you are not allowing us to fix up the mistakes we did! And also, where did I make irrelevant questions?


#16

No, i didn’t know and you still not able to explain that to me. And that isn’t such a necessary, i can read info about that anywhere else.
Hm, should’nt the answers be readable and understandable to everyone, why couldn’t you say like “1lvl domain”, or just “.com | .rf.gd”? You just had to say that smart 3 letters, right?

Let’s stop that pointless conversation because we’all just wasting our time. I think we could spend it somewhere else instead of writting that shit here.


#17

@ChrisPAR I had hoped the strong tone of my previous message was enough to make sure you would take the hint. But since you didn’t, here is what I wanted you to pick up from my previous message: YOUR MESSAGES IN THIS DISCUSSION ARE POINTLESS AND IRRELEVANT, AND WASTING EVERYONE’S TIME. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS TOPIC AGAIN.

But since this discussion is already completely off the rails, I’ve split it to a separate discussion.

@ChrisPAR said:
So it is not completely useless.

So how exactly do you think your messages have helped @MrJunior here? How has your apology made the subdomain work in Cloudflare?

@ChrisPAR said:

@Admin also said:
The question was answered. You didn’t understand the question correctly, which could happen to anyone. But then why did you post four more messages here? Especially since all those messages are apologies, saying you don’t understand it, or irrelevant questions (create a new topic if you have questions)?
Come on! This cannot be possible, I understand that my 4 apologies should not be posted but you should have implemented a function to delete them 6 mins after we created them, for goodness sake, you are not allowing us to fix up the mistakes we did! And also, where did I make irrelevant questions?

Maybe if you took a few minutes before writing an answer to think about what you write, why you write it, what you want to achieve with your writing and what the effect of your writing is going to be, this could have all been avoided.

And I fail to see how a delete function would help prevent the four different apologies. Again, thinking first and writing second can help prevent such accidents.

As for the irrelevant questions, I was particularly referring to your question about why the different types of subdomains don’t have different names. Which I’d gladly discuss with you, but not in this discussion.

@ChrisPAR said:

@Admin said:
The forum does not have any functions to automatically close topics once they have been answered. It’s up to the reader to understand when a question has been answered and decide whether you have anything to add which is relevant to the question.
I didn’t say that he forum has auto functions, I said that YOU could decide if it would be closed.
Just like you did on some of the Suspended Domain topics or old ones.

Again, you’re paying attention to the wrong things. I was not trying to educate you about the functions of the forum, but about recognizing when you should and should not respond.

In this case, the original poster clearly said that the question was answered. That could (and possibly should) have been the last message in the thread.


#18

@MrJunior said:
No, i didn’t know and you still not able to explain that to me. And that isn’t such a necessary, i can read info about that anywhere else.
Hm, should’nt the answers be readable and understandable to everyone, why couldn’t you say like “1lvl domain”, or just “.com | .rf.gd”? You just had to say that smart 3 letters, right?
What I said isn that TLDs are domain extensions, and I gave you the example of .com
If I said only .com, then it would be wrong because .com is not the only extension.
And by the way, .rf.gd is not a TLD or gTLD, it is very different now, called a subdomain because rf.gd is a separate website powered by InfinityFree, that Admin bought and registered in order for us to create our mydomain.rf.gd domain names.


#19

@Admin said:
And I fail to see how a delete function would help prevent the four different apologies.
I would have just deleted them! When I posted the second one, I rembembered I had also said that before and I couldn’t delete it, and when I tried to edit it was so little time and I didn’t have the time to edit it, because it said “You need the Vanilla.Edit.Permission”.
I don’t know if this will be considered spam again, but I feel I must apologize for the irrelevant things and for making Admin have to split a topic. Maybe that was the only thing that I should apologize, because the other apologies won’t help as you said.
As for the subdomains it was mostly a rhetorical question as I know that it is not going to change soon, both things use the same term and of course this is not your mistake.


#20

I just came to share a thought and I’m talking this genreally unrelated to any person

if you are in jungle and meet some local tribe
among them you would feel like a God (so much you know more than them).

But at the same time somewhere else (at home) you’re actually an average person
or let’s say mouse

Here on the forum most people are beginners who are just trying to make their first website

One who has a little more knowledge than them will feel like a cat among the pigeons

And that will feed her ego, so that person will soon think he is an expert in various areas

So be careful not to fall into that trap!

Socrates said “I know that I know nothing” and that is a great truth