Absurd

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

https://modernman.lovestoblog.com/blog/

Error Message

Something like “Your site has used all its available bandwidth blah blah… please upgrade your account

Other Information

I put out a WordPress blog just yesterday, it has traffic close to nihil because it has not been advertised anywhere and I am the only one viewing it because I was publishing a few articles. And then today after publishing my article the blog is down with that crappy message! If it cannot withstand the traffic of ONE user I can only imagine how it would then be with more!

Guys, if you are going to offer something free then do it well, otherwise just say it is a one day trial to channel people into your paid accounts.

You’re website just shows a blank page.

That’s not an error message, please share a screenshot of what your website shows? It doesn’t seem to be suspended for “bandwidth,” InfinityFree offers unlimited bandwidth. Actually, you don’t seem to be suspended at all.

Well, what do you expect for a free host? If you’re going to run a heavy website, you’re best off upgrading to IFastNet.

2 Likes

Yes, after the notification it shows a blank page because it doesn’t want to serve the ONLY user that views the blog.

First of all, please tell us what you were actually suspended for (You are no longer suspended.)

Second, remember that bots also visit your site (Weather legitimately, or to try and hack it), and each of them count agest you. You can use Cloudflare to help this become less of an issue. Also, some websites (Like WP), put a lot of strain on the servers, and constantly refreshing can use a lot of the limits.

Lastly, you should clear your cache when you have an issue.

Ok, your website’s working now:

Based on what you said, i assume that this was the message that you were given:

This site / page has used all avaialble php / apache processes allowed on free hosting.
Refreshing the page once the amount of apache / php processes are reduced will cause the site to work
We would recommend upgrading your hosting account at IFastNet Premium hosting accounts, premium hosting accounts have MUCH higher resources dedicated to them.

I could be wrong, but i don’t have any way of knowing, because you didn’t provide the full error message.

If this is the case, you can read about it here:

And also, were you suspended? If you were, your site should redirect to a parking page. Has this happened to you? I didn’t see your website suspended earlier, so I don’t think this is the case.

As @Greenreader9 said,

2 Likes

Well, it just happened again after I edited an article…

I think doing this kind of things for a simple place with nearly no visitors creates the wrong customer experience. If it can’t handle the visit of simple bots (if that is the case) and no visitors, then how on earth is it going to scale up? And then the “consider upgrading to premium” in this situation seems like a bad sales pitch.

Well, I got to see how it could be done. I have no visitors for the time being so it gives me time to look for another provider (free or otherwise).

Where do I do the CloudFlare thing in a WordPress installation?

I disagree. Many people can run WP sites (Like me) without hitting limits. Bots (And you can have a lot, so don’t call them ‘simple’) are also visitors, and if your website has a lot of code that is being executed (Like auto-updates and stuff), it can over load the servers and get you suspended.

Note that Cloudflare will not work on your domain since it is a free one from IF, but you can use this guide if you are willing to buy a custom one (Only $10/yr for .com at NameCheap)
A Full Guide To Cloudflare - Community Guides - InfinityFree Forum

This error is usually caused by how the site is built, not the number of visitors.

And letting everyone overload the servers without limits also creates a very wrong customer experience.

Fortunately, this is not a “customer” experience, only a “user” experience. Customers are people who pay for things, which you are not doing for our hosting. And this works very differently on premium hosting.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.