Access Denied when accessing database

Username (e.g. epiz) or Website URL

epiz_32741809

(please specify the website or account you are asking about)

Error Message

**Warning** : mysqli_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user ' epiz_32741809'@'192.168.0.5' (using password: YES) in **/home/vol16_2/epizy.com/epiz_32741809/htdocs/config.php** on line **10**
ERROR: Could not connect. Access denied for user ' epiz_32741809'@'192.168.0.5' (using password: YES)

(please share the FULL error message you see)

Other Information

Checked Username and password multiple times it is correct.

(other information and details relevant to your question)

<?php

define('DB_SERVER', 'sql200.epizy.com');

define('DB_USERNAME', ' epiz_32741809');

define('DB_PASSWORD', '<Copy-Pasted Password from MySQL Details>');

define('DB_NAME', 'epiz_32741809_USERS');

$link = mysqli_connect(DB_SERVER, DB_USERNAME, DB_PASSWORD, DB_NAME);

if($link === false){

die("ERROR: Could not connect. " . mysqli_connect_error());

}

?>

Im pretty lost.

Have you checked this article already?

7 Likes

Yes

And? Did you find the error message, read the paragraphs and checked your details?

3 Likes

Yep. Everything was correct, I followed the advice at the end of the article and created a forum discussion.

I’m looking at your credentials and I see an error:

There is an additional space in front of the username here. That means you’re sending a different username to the database server, which obviously is not accepted.

I didn’t spot any other errors, so I think removing the space will fix the issue.

Also, I took a look at your website. Please note that proxy sites are not allowed on our hosting, even for personal use.

6 Likes

Oh my god im such an idiot I didn’t see the space! as for the proxy, I was just messing around because it seemed cool, didnt know it was not allowed, I will take it down!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.