Account suspended for no reason

My website got suspended for no reason. There is not a single activity when I checked it on Google Analytics. I have been getting high CPU usage emails for past few days, even if there was no visitors to my website.

It’s depending on a application you’re using or your account is corrupted. It’s okay to contact Ifastnet staff for this

2 Likes

I am using Wordpress.

How can I contact the IFastNet staff?

If your account was suspended for no reason, then this article is for you:

https://infinityfree.net/support/account-suspended-without-reason/

1 Like

Well, my website did not exactly get suspended for “no” reason. It got suspended for high CPU usage, but the problem is why is there a high CPU usage from five days when nobody has visited my site for past 5 days?

Also, it tells me I have used 70MB of Bandwidth and am left with 0MB of Unlimited Bandwidth. What does that mean?

How exactly do you know that nobody visited your website? What are you basing it on? And are you sure that there is no traffic (e.g. bot traffic) which you might have missed?

It means you’ve used 70 MB of bandwidth, and the counter doesn’t like unlimited bandwidth.

2 Likes

I use Google Analytics to keep track of my traffic, and as you can see, there’s none from over five days. Still, I have been getting high CPU usage emails.

Note that Google Analytics is a piece of Javascript which runs in the browser of your visitors. Most bot traffic however does not execute this code, so does not show up in Google Analytics. Similarly, if your visitors use some kind of tracking blockers, Google Analytics won’t show this traffic either.

Since you’re using Cloudflare, can you please check the traffic statistics in their panel as well? It’s possible that Cloudflare shows much higher traffic figures than Google Analytics, because Cloudflare captures the actual traffic received on their servers, rather than the traffic which executes some Javascript code.

3 Likes

Cloudflare:

Google Analytics:

Something is definitely fishy here. How can I remedy this?

Depends on what exactly you’re looking to remedy.

The first thing to note is that Google Analytics is a website interaction tracker, not a server usage tracker. There will always be a percentage of traffic which Google Analytics doesn’t record but the server does. This is not necessarily an issue, if you understand the limitations of analytics services.

Are you looking to remedy the difference between Cloudflare’s statistics and Google Analytics? You would have to block all traffic which doesn’t execute Google Analytics code. Cloudflare’s “Under Attack” mode closes this gap, and so does the bot protection system present on websites not using Cloudflare. That won’t stop the people who use tracking blockers, but they are probably not the issue here.

The thing is that our security system blocks most bot traffic. Cloudflare stops some harmful requests, but lets most bots through, regardless of the security level chosen.

3 Likes

I think I am getting some illegal traffic. That may be the reason for high CPU usage.

If the difference is because of illegal traffic, than definitely I would like to remedy the difference.

Having it on at all times will not be harmful, right? I guess it will be an extra layer of protection. Even if I am not getting bot or illegal traffic, I should probably switch it on.

If that is so then why the difference in the traffic? Could it be legal?

All in all, why the difference in traffic and high CPU usage? If the extra traffic that Analytics is not showing is because of bots, I should probably switch on the “Under Attack” mode. That should fix the high CPU usage.

By the way, I have Autoptimize plugins installed, so high CPU usage should not be an issue for me from the site’s end.

Also, thankyou very much for your time and for keeping up with my questions. I appreciate it. I am getting to learn a lot from you @Admin

The main disadvantage of using the under attack mode at all times is that everyone trying to access the website will see a Cloudflare screen for a few seconds before they see your website. Besides that, there isn’t any problem.

It’s hard to say. Maybe these are web crawlers for some exotic search engine or maybe these are hackers trying to check your site for weaknesses.

While they don’t show up in Google Analytics, these bots do try to load pages on your website. These website pages do require PHP code to be rendered, which in turns require CPU power to execute.

Autoptimize is a great plugin, but it’s important to understand that Autoptimize doesn’t do that much to reduce CPU usage. Autoptimize combines and compresses CSS and Javascript. This reduces the bandwidth and hits usage of your account but, if anything, it will increase the CPU usage of your account to do the compression and aggregation.

Also, depending on what the bots actually do, they may not even attempt to load the CSS and Javascript of your website, rendering Autoptimize useless entirely for this kind of traffic.

A WordPress caching system on the other does reduce CPU usage of your website, by caching some of the HTML contents of your website. To do that, you can use a caching plugin like W3 Total Cache, WP Super Cache or Cache Enabler.

3 Likes

Thank you very much. I will see what I can do.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.