Account Suspension

Increasing counter?

1 Like

A counter is kept for every resource and every account, e.g. CPU seconds used, hits generated or memory limit reached. This counter is reset every day. If the counter goes over a threshold, the account is suspended.

At least, that’s how I assume the system works. iFastNet is quite secretive about it.

4 Likes

@Admin What is the daily upload limit ?
I’m suspecting that was why i get suspended. Or maybe i was wrong thinking i uploaded more than heavier files. cause i upload and unzip at the same time.

1. ACCEPTABLE SERVER RESOURCE USE

Sites must not use excessive amounts of server resources. These include bandwidth, processor utilization and / or disk space. Please see the ‘High Resource Use Policy’ in the General Terms and Conditions.
  1. USAGE OF DISK SPACE TERMS

InfinityFree offers large web space and bandwidth with hosting accounts. By this, we mean space for legitimate web site content and bandwidth for visitors to view it. All files on a domain must be part of the active website and linked to the site. Sites should not contain any backups, downloads, or other non-web based content. We will treat all password protected archive (e.g. zip and rar) files as unacceptable. Multimedia content such as audio and video is acceptable provided it is streamed to the user, links to HTTP download of this content is not acceptable.

Archives of movie files, audio files, zips, rars or any large volumes of files used for downloading / sharing is not allowed.
- InfinityFree Terms of Service

Not very obvious, isn’t it?
Also, there is a purple button called ‘Activation History’ (should be Suspension History in my opinion) that list why you were suspended, better check it.

1 Like

There is no daily upload limit. There are limits on the number of files in your account and some fair usage restrictions on the FTP service, but no limit to the number of files you can upload in a day.

What do you see in the client area? Does it say “suspended” or “temporarily suspended”? If it says “temporarily suspended”, it should also say which limit you hit. If it says “suspended”, it means you were suspended for abuse, which is generally not caused by hitting daily limits.

If you were suspended while uploading stuff, I suspect some of your uploaded files were identified as suspicious files. If you want to know more about why your upload were flagged and want to get it back, please submit a support ticket from your client area.

Why not?

It’s called “deactivation history”, not “activation history”. Because it lists all the times when your account was deactivated. It lists suspensions, but also manual deactivations and inactivity deactivations. We considered calling it “suspension history”, but we thought it was too harsh for something which is not just about suspensions.

2 Likes

Oops, i misread the button.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.