Account

I believe these are Freenom’s DNS resolvers. You can set these on your device or on your router to use Freenom’s DNS resolvers instead of those provided by your internet provider. Doing this may allow you to see your website faster.

But I’m personally more a fan of Google’s and Cloudflare’s DNS resolvers. So I would recommend to use those instead.

The thing to note is that a “DNS server” could be either a “DNS Authoritative Server” or a “DNS Resolver”. A DNS Authoritative Server is configured on a domain name and contain the DNS records of your domain. A DNS Resolver is simply a performance enhancement to the DNS on your devices and network.

This is explained in more detail here:

5 Likes

Yes. But I didn’t understand. Did I do everything right? I changed the two namesevers on Freenom (just for testing, as I am going to buy my domain). It is because Facebook is not letting the domain www.emersonilustracoes.rf.gd share. Do I have to do anything on the Infinity cpanel?

No, our free subdomains are blocked :frowning:

No, you can’t do anything about that here. Facebook is blocking our domain names. We have no idea why they do this and if or how we can get the block removed.

So if you want to know why Facebook blocked that domain, then only Facebook can tell why Facebook banned these domain on Facebook. Because we can’t control what Facebook does.

4 Likes

Right. But I don’t know what to do. I already changed the nameservers on Freenom but it is not working. Can someone help me? Or I will have to change hosting, because Face does not let you share these subdomains. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN appears

How I add Freenom domain to my account? Appears The domain is not assigned to an InfinityFree account. Please add the domain to a hosting account to show a website on it.

Just see:

3 Likes

I don’t see the option Add Domains. The control panel is loading.

It’s say

This may be because you have already added this domain in another account or because you have not yet renamed the servers at your domain registrar. You need to rename the servers BEFORE adding or parking the domain in your control panel: Please, you can change the name of the servers in your domains to: (This can be changed through the control panel where you registered your domain.) Ns1.byet.org ns2.byet.org ns3.byet.org ns4.byet. Org ns5.byet.org After you have renamed the servers try, please add or park the domain again … Once the name servers are set it may take upto 76 hours before the domain can be added here. Name servers MUST be set before adding the domain here, if your registrar REQUIRES that you add a domain before setting the name servers then you will need to use a different domain name / registrar (or contact there support requesting they manually set the name servers) . We are NOT able to add domains to the vPanel without the name servers being set firstly. If this is a requirement, please UPGRADE, on our premium hosting we do allow domain names to be added without the name servers being set. Please do NOT create a support ticket unless you have waited at least 48 hours after succesfully changing name servers / adding domain.

Do you want anyone to check it for you? If so, can you please say which domain you are trying to add?

It’s not working. I want emersonilustracoes.ml. Please, help me. Check for me

I just added the domain to your account. Everything worked perfectly right away.

Please note that, like the original error message said, it can take some time before the nameserver changes take effect.

Thanks. Does it work now? Does Facebook let you share that domain there? Only one page of directory listing is appearing.

Are the nameserver settings on Freenom right? An hour there says it was to fill two lines another 5 lines

Yes, it does.

I don’t know, I didn’t try it. Did you? I don’t have a Facebook account.

Yes, it’s added as a fresh domain name to your account. It’s up to you to setup a website on it now.

I have a site www.emersonilustracoes.rf.gd. It is this domain that I want to change to emersonilustracoes.ml. Don’t you understand? I don’t want to create a new website

You’ve added your domain name as an addon domain. Setting it up as an addon domains means the domain will be created with a new, empty directory. So it’s up to you to setup a website on it.

Whether that means you create a new website is entirely up to you. You can just move the website from another domain onto this one. If you want to do this with a website on the same account, you can just move the files from the folder of the other website (probably the main htdocs folder) into the domain directory emersonilustracoes.ml/htdocs.

I don’t think you understand what an Addon Domain means exactly. Judging by your message, a Parked Domain may have been an easier solution.

3 Likes

No. I don’t create new site. I want change emersonilustracoes.rf.gd to emersonilustracoes.ml. It’s possible?

I have to change emersonilustracoes.rf.gd htdocs to emersonilustracoes.ml/htdocs ? I thought it was just about changing the old domain to the new one.

Not quite. An account does not have a “the domain”. An account can have any number of domain names assigned to any number of directories. That’s what the “Addon” part in “Addon Domains” refers to: you add on a secondary website to the same hosting account. It’s not a setting which changes “the domain name” of a hosting account.

Yes. You have to move the files there, and possibly update some configuration in your site to use the new domain.

Pro tips for next time:

• Do not remove the old subdomain. At all, ever. There is no harm in keeping the old subdomain around, and it makes things a lot easier if your website code insists on using the old domain.
  • If you want to assign another domain name to the same website, use the Parked Domains tool instead. It does exactly that.
2 Likes