Add MX Records to domain

My website URL is eurocitizen.cf
I am trying to get the email to work, the host is hostiero.
The mxtool cannot find the entries i’ve entered on mx section on cpanel.
How can i get this fixed?

Info:
Host/ Domain|Address/ Mail Server/ MX Entries/ Value|Priority
|@/ Blank/ Domain name| mx.hostiero.email. 10
|@/ Blank/ Domain name| mx2.hostiero.email. 20

The server also sent me instructions to set the DNS with these settings, but infinity free doesn’t offer that option, neither cloudflare for a period of 60 days till the dns was placed there.
How can I get this fixed or have this working?

best regards,
wagner

If you enabled CloudFlare’s cPanel integration, you will break MX records. So you need to disable CloudFlare from cPanel, wait a bit, then re-add your domain to CloudFlare by accessing your account and adding a new site with the same URL as before, select the Free plan, then see if the IPs are right (and the domain doesn’t point to eurocitizen.cf.cdn.cloudflare.net) - if it points to that open the Terminal (or Command Prompt or PowerShell on Windows) and ping the Main Domain that you can find on the home page of your cPanel to see the IP. Copy the IP (that should start with 185.27.134) and create two A records, one with the name of @ and another one with the name of www, that point to that IP with the orange cloud untouched. Then create two MX records, with the same name @ and the MX entries and priority you written here. Delete the other CNAME records, continue with setting up CloudFlare and go to Freenom, on My Domains click on “Manage Domain” on the domain you’re managing, then go to Management Tools, Nameservers, remove the InfinityFree nameservers and put the CloudFlare ones. After a minute, reload the page and ensure that in the Crypto section of the CloudFlare panel the SSL type is set to Full, not Flexible, because the Flexible option causes some redirect loops with SSL-supported configurations like this one, and we have a self-signed certificate, so set the SSL type to Full if it’s Flexible. Wait some time and refresh the page. Use 1.1.1.1 if you don’t want to wait for DNS propagation on your computer or Internet DNS, and try to visit your website or go to Hostiero and create a new email inbox to test it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.