Adding wasm MIME type

Website URL

http://meatsac.com/libraries/ckbuild

Error Message

HTTP Response Header “Content-Type” configured incorrectly on the server for file Build/ckbuild.wasm , should be “application/wasm”. Startup time performance will suffer (Among many more errors relating to wasm MIME type)

Other Information

I am trying to run my unity webGL build on my website, however, when I add it in, I get loads of errors all relating to using wasm MIME type. I tried addding, “AddType application/wasm .wasm” to the.htacceses overide file, but to no avail.

I checked the request in my browsers network log, and it says the chkbuild.wasm URL redirects to the /error.html page on your site. Taking a quick look at the files in the file manager, it doesn’t appear that the .wasm file exists on your account at all, so the error is most likely caused by a 404 Not Found error. And no amount of .htaccess coding is going to help you load a file that doesn’t exist.

Please try uploading the missing files. If that doesn’t work, please note this article as well:

Especially be sure to take note of the file size limit: files larger than 10 MB are automatically deleted.

4 Likes

Thank you so much! Yeah, your totally right, my wasm file was 30 megabytes so it was automatically deleted. This saved me so much time than the already 2 hours I spent with GPT 4 and bard trying to fix this issue.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.