epiz_29498499

###Error Message
Domain Misconfigured
This is the email I received below.
Hi

The above domain has been misconfigured for some time (see appended report). We
have sent seven daily warnings about the problem but these have all been
ignored. The domain is therefore due for deletion today. However as the domain
is partially functional we have postponed the deletion for another 48 hours.

Can you ensure that the domain is configured correctly by the new deadline:

Sunday 29 August

If the problems are not rectified and we don’t receive a response we will
proceed to delete the domain on the basis that the registrant is no longer
interested in it.

Querying authoritative nameserver (/ns1 epizy)for type= DNS Records:
No AAAA records found
WARNING: No MX records found (email to the domain will not be deliverable unless accepted by IP address in A record)
ERROR: No NS records found (fatal configuration error)
86400 IN SOA

ERROR: No NS records found for (fatal configuration error)

NOTE: There is no MX record for the domain so servers will try to deliver mail directly to [whose IP address(es) are:
185.27.134.34 (WARNING: No reverse DNS)

NOTE: The website has the following IP address(es):
185.27.134.34 (No reverse DNS)

Admin can you please do something to get my domain configured.my email is albertmagariregmail.com

You are responsible for configuring DNS for your domain. Admin cannot. Is this a custom domain? If so, can you please share the url?

1 Like

Please provide us with more information. What exactly is misconfigured?

Your domain is currently not hosted at InfinityFree, if you want to host it here set nameservers to:

Ns1.epizy.com 
Ns2.epizy.com 

Today is August 27, but not Sunday.

None of us have any access to your domain’s setting/DNS. You have to manage that yourself at the registrar. If you need help doing so, contact customer support for your registrar and they can help you figure out what’s wrong.

Also, please don’t post your personal email address, this is a community forum, so you won’t get any one on one support, thank you!

1 Like

I’ve got similar reports about this too with more details.

So it seems that co.zw is being really picky about nameservers. They say that the configured nameservers MUST return the same records in the NS record response or it’s considered “misconfigured”.

Looking at the official standards, our nameservers are technically not setup correctly. However, I have never seen this configuration ever cause any problems for anyone. Only picky domain checkers complain about this.

But this is the first time the picky domain checkers do more than complain.

I’ll see if this is something that can be adjusted on our end. But I can’t make any guarantees about whether this will be corrected at all or whether it will be corrected before Sunday.

In the mean time, you could switch your domain to third party nameservers which do not have this issue. Many people here use Cloudflare for this:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.