After enabling CloudFlare, what else should I do?

Ok thank you… so If I add MX records in cloudflare dashboard it will work?

I think so. I actually haven’t tried, but I will go and try right now.

1 Like

Ok. Please try and confirm…

Thank you

Give me 20 minutes, I’m trying to understand how to add it properly since I haven’t done this before.

1 Like

Done! It works great, I have tested receiving and sending an email, everything works fine and fast.

1 Like

Super… Thank you… I will check mine… If not working means I will come back here…

Thanks for helping me Kamil Dev.

I also have that issue on https://wikismadebythepins.ml/wiki/index.php/Main_Page like this:

(The Not Secure is shown in the address bar, not the green :lock: one.)

It’s not showing SSL for me either. Are you using CloudFlare via cPanel or manual?

I just switched to Cloudflare back using DNS.

By using CloudFlare nameservers?

Anyhow, if you’ve only recently enabled CloudFlare/SSL, you should try waiting a few hours as it can sometimes take awhile to activate.

My favourite tool to check if SSL is working on my website is whynopadlock.com – and also makes sure that the SSL error isn’t happening because your DNS/browser cache,

According to whynopadlock.com, your SSL certificate is not active yet.

1 Like

I’m just checking my inbox if they done the business.

Updated as of 5:47PM (PH Standard Time): I’m still having problems in encrypting things. Did I need to create an certificate of my own?

It looks like your website just got SSL activated!

Please try flush your DNS cache and clear your browser cache to ensure you get SSL picked up by your browser.

One issue picked up is your website has mixed content, which will display an insecure padlock in most browsers.

The Mixed content tests failed. Please be sure that you can connect to your site over SSL and try again.
Error Returned: net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS at https://wikismadebythepins.ml/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Also, I feel like this thread is getting a bit too big and more of a general discussion.

So that more urgent posts get attention, perhaps you can join my Discord to ask any further general questions, or make a specific thread for your question/issue.

May I see the results link so I can fix the issue?

Click here for the result link and scroll down to see the error.

Though this won’t automatically update, so I suggest going to whynopadlock.com and pasting in your page link to get a fresh check.

The mixed content error happens mostly because some content on your website is still HTTP.

EDIT: Uh oh, it seems your website is doing infinite redirects too. I can’t tell you how to fix this, maybe it’s something to do with your wiki software or some configuration.

2 Likes

I altered the Cloudflare option in cpanel. I have disabled it , but still in cloudflare account my website is showing active. what to do ?image

Have to wait 24hrs atleast.

1 Like

Barsgrave has beat me to writing the custom CloudFlare guide, so check out his post:

Definitely wish I knew this before I had to figure everything out myself.

I removed some lines in my messy .htaccess file and as usual, it works.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.