All mails go to the spamm folder

All mails that I send via roundcube go directly to the spam folder at the recipient. Usually there should be a “activate” point at cpanel but I did not find it. Is there another way?

Kind regards cinesy

I can’t say for sure, but I believe only the recipient can designate an email as ‘spam’ or ‘not spam’, the sender has no say in whether it’s seen as spam by the recipients email filter.

Welcome to the forum cinesy :grinning:

@cinesy The thing is that the most email server check where it came from and compares it with the email sender domain (the gmail.com, yahoo.com part, etc.). If they don’t match, it goes to spam, or WORSE IT GETS DELETED :cry: :sob:. Gmail does that sometimes, or not. The mail you sent goes to infinityfree servers (sponsored by iFastNet) which then sends it. The thing is there is no work around though. Since it free hosting and sponsored by a company. The staff have to work with what they are given. So it was best to have all mail go to one server, instead of hosting dozen of mail servers.

2 Likes

You found a provider where you can just click a button and it will make all of your email not be handled as spam anymore? Which provider is that, because I’m really curious how that works.

Because, as far as I know, there is no way to guarantee email is not treated as spam, because spam filtering is done at the discretion of the receiving provider, and every provider is free to choose how they judge messages and what they mark as spam.

A good place to start with diagnosing spam issues is to send a message to https://mail-tester.com They will receive your email and tell you a spam score, and give you recommendations on how to improve it.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.