At my wits end so any help would be appreciated!

www.wildlifebadges.site

Error Message

When I upload my website on FTP using (what I think are the correct details) I only see an advert with 3 blue boxes and I really don’t know what to do I’m afraid.

Hopefully someone out there can spot (the probably obvious mistake) what I’ve done - I’d really appreciate the help !

Many thanks in advance,

Heather

The online FTP is very bad for uploading your website please use FileZilla and get the logs, thank you.

1 Like

It’s not an FTP issue:

You need to add the domain to your account first:

7 Likes

Wow thanks for replying so quickly ! I’ve added the domain name as you’ve suggested so i’ll wait & see if it propagates over the coming day.

Thank you once again for helping me out - I really appreciate it !

Kind regards,

Heather

1 Like

Thank you for helping !!! Really appreciate the time people have taken to helping out a newbie !

Kind regards,

Heather

1 Like

My fault I did not read thoroughly!

3 Likes

Not at all - I really appreciate the help !!!

3 Likes

Thank you for helping - I’ve waited a couple of days & nothing has come up on my site so I’m sorry to bother you but would you be able to see what I’m doing wrong ???

I think I must have uploaded my files to the wrong htdoc file.

SO sorry for taking up your time but I’d really like to have this finished & up and running.

The site is www.wildlifebadges.site

Kind regards & thanks in advance,

Heather

The folder to upload your files to is wildlifebadges.site/htdocs.

4 Likes

Oh goodness - thank you !!!

I’ve done as you’ve suggested but the website isn’t showing up for me - is there anything else you could possibly suggest ?

Kind regards,

Heather

I checked your account’s files, and the folder wildlifebadges.site/htdocs is still empty.

To be clear, in the base directory of your account is a folder called wildlifebadges.site, and within that folder a folder called htdocs. You need to upload your files to that folder.

Also, from the client area, if you go to the page of your hosting account and check the Domains panel, there is a “Files” button next to the domain name that drops you right into the folder the domain is linked to.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.