Backing up site

thedublinersalou.epizy.com
Wordpress
errors when trying to download WP-Content using the file manager in my infinity free account
error 1 is when i try just to download wp-content and says unknown error
error 2 is when i try just to zip archive wp-content and says the archive timed out
I have also tried to backup my site using (WP all in one migration plugin) and the (Duplicator plugin)
Both fail to backup and duplicator says that the problem is associated with time out setting on low cost hosting platforms.
I also get this error in my “Site Health” in Wordpress, I don’t know if this is part of the problem

"PHP modules perform most of the tasks on the server that make your site run. Any changes to these must be made by your server administrator.

The WordPress Hosting Team maintains a list of those modules, both recommended and required, in the team handbook (opens in a new tab).

• Warning The optional module, imagick, is not installed, or has been disabled."

I wont put the images of error 1 & 2 above as I have explained these are when I try to download or zip package the WP-Content folder.
It is not also my internet speed and the full package is only 135mb
The image is the warning from the (Duplicator Plugin)
Can anyone give me some advice, I also know nothing about coding!
Thank you for any help
Victor

Sorry I am replying to my own Post.
This is what I mean about coding!
This is the first part of the error log I get as well when I try to backup the site, I am posting just the first tiny bit as it’s very long!
Thanks

<?php /* ------------------------------ NOTICE ---------------------------------- If you're seeing this text when browsing to the installer, it means your web server is not set up properly. Please contact your host and ask them to enable "PHP" processing on your account. ----------------------------- NOTICE ---------------------------------*/ if (!defined('KB_IN_BYTES')) { define('KB_IN_BYTES', 1024); } if (!defined('MB_IN_BYTES')) { define('MB_IN_BYTES', 1024 * KB_IN_BYTES); } if (!defined('GB_IN_BYTES')) { define('GB_IN_BYTES', 1024 * MB_IN_BYTES); } if (!defined('DUPLICATOR_PHP_MAX_MEMORY')) { define('DUPLICATOR_PHP_MAX_MEMORY', 4096 * MB_IN_BYTES); } date_default_timezone_set('UTC'); // Some machines don’t have this set so just do it here. @ignore_user_abort(true); if (!function_exists('wp_is_ini_value_changeable')) { /** * Determines whether a PHP ini value is changeable at runtime. * * @staticvar array $ini_all * * @link https://secure.php.net/manual/en/function.ini-get-all.php * * @param string $setting The name of the ini setting to check. * @return bool True if the value is changeable at runtime. False otherwise.

If the download via FTP fails, keep on retrying with an FTP software, such as Filezilla. Just keep on trying.

1 Like

I am sorry but I never mentioned anything about downloading anything via ftp.
My site is built in wordpress and if you check it is normally very easy to use (All in one WP migration) or the (Duplicator) plugins from within wordpress itself and if makes it very easy for a non techie to backup your site or migrate from one host to another.
I know you can do it via ftp but it is much more complicated.
I have used these plugins with other sites with other hosting companies without any problem and it is used by thousands of people as a way to back up and transfer wordpress sites.
The only time I have had a problem is with dowloading this site with Infinity Free.
You have also said nothing about all the error messages I am getting regarding the problem being with the server and saying “just keep trying” doesn’t really help but thank you for your comment.
Does anyone else have experience of using the plugins I have mentioned to migrate or download a site within wordpress and why I am only having a problem with doing it with Infinity Free.
Than you

DO NOT USE BACKUP PLUGINS, there is a 10MB max limit on files, therfore plugins for backup may break.

1 Like

It does seem as if even people using ftp are having major problems judging by the the posts on the rest of the forum which are very recent and some sort of big problem is taking place! I don’t know as I have no experience of these types of attacks or server issues but I hope they fix it soon for all the people who use Infinity Free during these difficult times,
Regarding the 10mb limit on using plugins within wordpress to backup files is this just a problem with Infinity Free as I have used these plugins to backup sites much bigger on other servers without problems and a 10mb website would be a very small site!
So is this just a rule with Infinity Free and also are my comments regarding my original post due to the attack on Infinity Free or a 10mb backup allowance which does not seem to make sense.
How am I going to back up my site?
Maybe An Admin could clear this up?
Thanks Victor

Thank you for you help I solved the problem by downloading the site via ftp so for other people that are having problems with ftp I can confirm that downloading via ftp with infinity free works fine
Site size was 180mb
Thanks all and Fury!

1 Like

Yeah, don’t use backup plugins and don’t use the file manager for big archives. The file manager is fine if you need to upload a few files or want to make a few code changes. For anything more complex, a desktop FTP client works MUCH better.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.