Backup download failed

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

epiz_21591786

Error Message

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at www.byethost24.org Port 80

Other Information

In ticket #840660, I was given a set of links to download a backup of my website. All of them worked but the last one, which led to a 404 error.

The ticket is closed, and there is no way to reopen it or contact support.

Welcome back

Unfortunately, we can’t help you with that here. Please try creating a new ticket with the link that returned the 404 error.

6 Likes

The backup links we provide are only available for a limited time, usually a few days. After that, the backups are cleaned up again.

I checked the ticket in question but the last activity was over a month ago, so any backup link has already expired. But from the ticket messages recorded in our client area, I don’t see any evidence that you were provided with backups to begin with.

And I see the account it’s related to has also been deleted already. So it’s no longer possible to generate new backups either.

So I’m sorry to say that we don’t have your account contents anymore. Next time, if someone sends you a download link for a backup, please download it as soon as possible and store it safely, because virtually all backup systems have a limited retention period.

8 Likes

I tried to download the linked file at the same time as the rest of them, which worked. I immediately replied to the email, but it bounced, and got stuck in my junk mail.

Ticket notifications are sent from a noreply address. If you want to respond to it, you can do by clicking the link to the ticket in the email and adding your message there.

So indeed, trying to reply to it will cause the message to bounce.

4 Likes

The primary point is that the other links worked at the same time that the one link did not.

But why are you bringing this up now, and not a month ago? In any case, the backups not there no more, they expire after a few weeks. And if the account is marked as deleted, the data is gone forever.

In the future, make sure you have your own backups, or at least take prompt action when messages are sent.

5 Likes

Backup links can not work for whatever reason. The backup can get erased quickly or fail to be generated in the first place. Issues can happen. And generally such issues can be fixed easily if we’re made aware of them.

But if you don’t respond to tell this, or try to respond but you know your message is not being received, then please carefully check the contact instructions and make sure you reach out to us.

I’m sure we could have provided you with a working backup link if we knew you needed one and didn’t have it. But please understand that we cannot do that two months after the fact.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.