Backup from old site to Infinity site not completing

My website URL is:

crea.epizy.com

What I’m seeing is:

I am attempting to backup my site from the cpanel backup option using the remote server option to my InfiniteyFree host at the directory of /htdocs.

Cpanel backup from original site to InfinityFree hosting site not completing. In my FTP client (FTPRush), I can see the file growing in size during the backup process on the infinity site, but once the file has finished transferring, the file gets deleted and is no longer present on the InfinityFree host.

Later I receive an email from my original host that the backup has completed but the file is not present on the InfinityFree site.

I’m using this software:

Original Site: Cpanel / WordPress
FTP Client: FileZilla, FTPRush
Browser: Firefox

If you’re looking to migrate your website to InfinityFree, this is the recommended way to do so: https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-migrate-your-website/

I think you’re running into the 10 MB file size limit of our hosting. It sounds like your old provider is generating one big archive containing everything in your account, which is probably much larger than 10 MB.

But in addition to the file size limits, I foresee also problems with:

• How to restore the backup? There is no way to extract an archive “on the server”, so the archive must be downloaded, extracted and then reuploaded anyways (either by you or by our file manager).
  • What does this full backup format look like? Does your old host use “cPanel” by any chance? If so, their Full Account Backup is quite useless anyway, because it can only be used to migrate to other cPanel servers. We don’t use cPanel, we use VistaPanel, which are not fully compatible.

Hello,

I am migrating my wordpress site to your site. So only the content under the /public_html directory. My backup file is about 660mb. You say there is a 10mb file size limit? If I have to unzip my backup file, this will take an extremely long time to download the backup file from my site, unzip the file, and the re-upload all of the content afterwards. I live the in Peruvian Amazon and the we only get about 20kb/s. Is there not another way that I can transfer the file directly from my old site to your site?

I sincerely appreciate your help.

Best Regards

I’m sorry, but there is no way to extract a folder on the server. Maybe there is some way where you could extract the file on something with a faster internet connection? Or maybe there is some way you could run something on the old hosting server which uploads the files individually rather than uploading as one big archive?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.