Backup Problem

When I’m trying to take the backup using the plugins like Updraft Backup Plugin, WPvivid Backup Plugin, they all start downloading normally, but after 60-70% of process, it shows error. Can anyone tell me how to take the backup. I don’t know to take backup manually as I’m not an IT Expert. Please help me. Thank You!!

I recommend against using backup plugins to make a backup on WordPress, so I would suggest following this article to backup your website:

6 Likes

Hello Sir, I want to know the name of the plugin which is supported by your Hosting so that with one click I’ll take my backup. Please let me know. Thank You

1 Like

Everything is supported here, just under limits.
What you need to do is follow the article given by @Ergastolator1 and I am pretty much sure that it will work good.

5 Likes

We recommend against using ANY backup plugins. All of them have the same issue: backing up (or restoring) a full website from a web request in PHP is stressful on the server and error prone.

A manual backup (download files with FTP, download database with phpMyAdmin) is the only supported/recommended way to backup a website, because it’s the only method which we know works with websites of almost any size and type.

3 Likes

Please reply this

I followed the steps given in the article you given and this is happening. Can you tell me how to download the backup?

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message…
Response: 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
Response: 220-You are user number 393 of 6900 allowed.
Response: 220-Local time is now 09:24. Server port: 21.
Response: 220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
Response: 220 You will be disconnected after 60 seconds of inactivity.
Command: AUTH TLS
Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: Could not connect to server
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message…
Response: 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
Response: 220-You are user number 383 of 6900 allowed.
Response: 220-Local time is now 09:24. Server port: 21.
Response: 220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
Response: 220 You will be disconnected after 60 seconds of inactivity.
Command: AUTH TLS
Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: Could not connect to server

Why wont you use Monsta FTP ?

But how to download everything? I need a full backup. Files as well as the database. Is there any step by step article? Please if you have then send me, or else please explain by giving screenshots of full procedure.

When I use filemanager.ai to download the htdocs folder it shows an error like this

An Error Occurred During Download

To do backups TRY NOT TO use filemanager.ai for backups, Despite anything, It is pathetic for backups ALWAYS USE FILEZILLA

Also does filezilla not work… If so, Explain?

then why this hosting provides online file manager, since it’s mostly not recommended to use it? (or in future, when users click on file manager on client area, IF told user to just download filezilla and connect using user’s credentials then)

Well, Staying on topic, it is good for editing files quickly, rather than downloading and re-uploading, however due to the sheer amount of people using it, Unzipping requires downloading the file and unzipping on the file manager server. & The way they work is downloading the file, and downloading it to you

Also, I meant don’t use it for backups not don’t use it at all
Basically, The large amount of people using it makes it hard to download

3 Likes

okay so most people doesn’t know about filezilla then

Offtopic, I have an idea :)

In online file manager, there’s notice like this:
Online file manager ONLY for quick editing and uploading files that’s not 10MB in size. For uploading bigger files, please use FileZilla.
Hope that’s a good idea :smiley:

Uhm, to keep it short: It’s a lost cause.

I wouldn’t agree with anyone who says it’s not recommended because it depends on your needs. If your a coder, it’s easy to use, especially if you don’t have notepad++ installed. If your a WordPress user, then filemanager.ai should be at the bottom of your list, if possible then not on the list at all. As said before, it depends on what your using it for.

:roll_eyes: Overreaction.

1 Like

This shows that the FTP connection itself can be established, but the connection fails when trying to enable encryption. This is usually caused by filtering on your network or at your ISP.

There are a few ways you can work around this:

• Go into the FileZilla settings and disable encryption (use “Plain FTP”).
  • Use a VPN to bypass the filtering/restrictions on your network.
  • Contact your network administrator or ISP and ask them with FTP over TLS doesn’t work.
5 Likes

Sir for backup the whole website which files should I download from the file manager? Only HTDOCS is sufficient for the backup or any other file I’ve to download along with HTDOCS.

Just the htdocs folder would be fine.

1 Like

Ok thanks Sir.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.