Best way to redirect a .ga site already taken down?

Website URL

sandrapastormusica.ga

Error Message

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Other Information

Hi, I would like to know what should I do to redirect my original .ga site already taken down to another provisional site (an old free site) while I’m considering other new domain options. I’ve tried to established a redirect vía cPanel and also a forwarder in my freenom account but I don’t know if this is the best way and how long It takes to be effective.

Thx for your help!

I’m sorry, but this is not possible. You cannot redirect a domain you do not control. It’s technically simply impossible to do so.

That the domain was taken away from you for no fault of your own without warning makes no difference.

The controls on Freenom don’t do anything because Freenom doesn’t control the .ga extension anymore.

7 Likes

Ok. I see. What a disaster, all the SEO lost! . Anyway, is there a way I can access my current wordpress installation again? , If so, what are the steps? Thx again for your support!

Only via FTP

but it would be best for you to choose one of the free subdomains
and then move the existing WP there (via FTP)
and change its home URL to the new address where it is (it might be a bit complicated for a beginner all this)

5 Likes

and then export your database. xD don’t lose the main thing…

1 Like

Move the existing wp, you mean copying the wp folder or is there any other archives outside it that I must copy as well?

How can I do this?

Go to phpmyadmin of your database, click on export tab, select file type as .SQL and click on export.

4 Likes

Ok, thx! and I guess that I’ll have to import it again after I can migrate the wp folder, right?

exactly.!

1 Like

If you’re switching to a new custom domain, you can just add it as a Parked Domain on top of your .ga domain, and then you don’t have to move any files or databases at all.

If you’re moving to a free subdomain, or have already added the domain as an addon domain, you will have to move the files to the new domain folder, but you can just leave the database as-is. If you just move the files and don’t change the database settings, your site will just keep using the existing database.

It’s not a bad idea to make an export anyways, because it’s always good to have backups, but you don’t need it to switch domains.

9 Likes

Ok , Thx for the feedback!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.